Author Topic: "spacer block"  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"spacer block"
« on: May 18, 2013, 06:33:10 PM »
Ater carrying a 1911 or 1091A1 in military issue style holsters for upwards of 55 years I find myself asking "what is the spacer block for, and isn't there a better way to make full flap a holster for a 1911?"
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: "spacer block"
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »
The "spacer block" in the GI holster was designed to keep the mag release from being inadvertently pressed, thereby ejecting the magazine. A new El Paso Saddlery 1911 holster I have has the same "spacer".

If you think that the GI flap holster is a dog, you oughta see the canvas flap holsters we were issued in the Canuck Army for our Inglis-made Browning Hi-Powers! The WWII version was a 'one size fits all' that also accepts revolvers (Webley MkVI and Colt NS) and the later model was damn near bomb proof, making it impossible to get the gun out in a hurry!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline John Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 10:42:57 AM »
Bianchi tried with the Model 66, used a hole in the holster instead of a "spacer block".  http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/bianchi-m-66-u-s-holster-colt-45-s-w-m39-browning

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:47:12 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com