Author Topic: Wild Bill's Navy For Sale  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Wild Bill's Navy For Sale
« on: May 13, 2013, 03:43:35 AM »
http://www.littlejohnsauctionservice.com/photo_galleries/may_2013_flipbook/LJAS%20May%2022-23%20Auction.html

You have to page through to ppg. 46-47. One of his Navies up for auction.

Offline harleydavis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #C31 SASS #3740 NRA GAF #394 5th Minn. Infry
  • SASS #: 3640
  • NCOWS #: C31
  • GAF #: 934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wild Bill's Navy For Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »
Just a note to anyone that might be thinking of purchasing this revolver. In fact, Mr. Rosa  has not authenticated either this revolver nor the one in the Cody Museum as Wild Bill's Navies. In Mr. Rosas' opinion, he feels that both pistols were made too late in the SN range to have been Wild Bill's. Since there is no contemorary documentation nor written record both revolvers can only be considered "alledgedly owned by Wild Bill". There are other inconsistancies that cast doubt on the Cody revolver as well. The only firearm that can be definetly traced to Hickok is the Springfield rifle removed from his coffin in 1879 when Bill's grave was moved to Mount Moriah. That rifle is currently in private ownership.
I remain, respectfully,
Harley Davis
"I do not believe in ghosts so I do not burn a candle waiting for them. As to the killing of a bad man, when it comes to a fight, it is the other man or me. And when the deed is done, why bother the mind? Afterall, the killing of a bad man should not bother anymore than the killing of a rat, a vicious cat or an ugly dog" James Butler Hickok when asked if he ever thought about the men he had killed.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »
In my opinion, it's practically a sin to sell only one of his revolvers, authenticated or not. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:39:39 AM »

Offline harleydavis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #C31 SASS #3740 NRA GAF #394 5th Minn. Infry
  • SASS #: 3640
  • NCOWS #: C31
  • GAF #: 934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:12:27 AM »
Yeah, the sad thing is that there is really no "official" Wild Bill museum or display. There are some small localized things but nothing to really document his life.
I remain, respectfully,
Harley Davis
"I do not believe in ghosts so I do not burn a candle waiting for them. As to the killing of a bad man, when it comes to a fight, it is the other man or me. And when the deed is done, why bother the mind? Afterall, the killing of a bad man should not bother anymore than the killing of a rat, a vicious cat or an ugly dog" James Butler Hickok when asked if he ever thought about the men he had killed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com