Author Topic: Uberti .44 Colt's Army revolver  (Read 4319 times)

Offline Hickok

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Uberti .44 Colt's Army revolver
« on: May 03, 2013, 09:47:32 AM »
Just a heads up on a Uberti .44 cal. Colt Army that I own. Using a load of 30gr. FFG, paper/cardboard wad over powder, then some SPG lube between a .454 ball, the revolver shoots 5 inches above point of aim @ 25 yards and groups 6 shots into 3 inches consistantly from a rest. I am well satisfied with this, and don't plan to alter the front sight. 5 inches high is not too bad, as some Colt repro revolvers I own have been as high as 9 inches at 25 yds. and were fitted with a new taller front sights and filed down.

This Uberti looks so nice, I am going to leave the sights as is, and hold 6 o'clock like the old timers did. This revolver has a fit and finish that is beautiful, (cobalt blue, yes I know it wears quickly) and the timing and lock up is perfect.

I am well satisfied with this Uberti. The quality seems somewhat better than my Pietta's, but that is a personal opinion.
All credit and praise to Lord Jesus

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
Re: Uberti .44 Colt's Army revolver
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »
Sounds good!  But hey, you know the rules, if you're gonna tell us about a cool gun ya gotta show pics!  :)

I love the charcoal blue finish.  I've shot my conversions with that finish in close to 90 matches and the finish is holding up great!  Of course, mine are Navy so they have the brass gripframe.  I know charcoal blue will wear quickly with use on a steel backstrap, but that patina looks good as well.

Offline Hickok

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 09:46:46 AM »
Here she is Abilene.
All credit and praise to Lord Jesus

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:53:25 PM »

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 10:46:16 AM »
Fine pistola there, Hickock!

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 04:42:35 PM »
How bout that, looks just like mine. Well, except mine has imitation ivory on it. Hope you enjoy the heck out of it, they are fun. ;D

Offline Filthy Lucre

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 12:35:46 AM »
I have a pair of Pietta Army delux in the hands of Rowdy Yates. Will post some phots when I get them back as they are really cool guns. 1 is engraved nickle with a lanyard ring and the other is blue with a nickle ram and gunfighter grips. Check out www.buckaroobobbins.com web site. they have some unusual Piettas that you don'y see on the run of the mill gun sites. Ya have to navigate abit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com