Author Topic: period shirt  (Read 4263 times)

Offline buckskin billy

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
    • the buck rub
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
period shirt
« on: May 01, 2013, 11:43:18 PM »
howdy yall. sometime back i bought me a shirt pattern from galla rock. http://stores.gallarockpatterns.com/-strse-23/GRSP-dsh-301-dsh-Galla-Rock-Men%27s-Shirt/Detail.bok
 as well as some calico   fabric from reproduction fabric. http://www.reproductionfabrics.com/shelf.php?ID=4.
i have made many shirts following beth gilgun's dirrection from the book of buckskinningII. but i was wanting something for a later time period. being fairly handy with a needle and thread i figure i would just whoop me together a proper shirt from the 1860-early 1870's time period. WRONG! turns out i aint got quiet enough experence with sewing to take on that project. so i just shelve it.
 back in febuary i was hanging out with some friends and was talking with a lady friend and she tells me she is a interior decorator. having no idea what that really mean she said basically i sew alot. which brought me to ask her how good was she. her reply was if it can be sewn with a machine she could do it. after pondering on it for awhile,i decieded it wouldn't kill me to have a machine sewn shirt. let me tell you this gal can sew.
 the pattern is cut on the square and has the under arm gussets and comes with the proper bone buttons and a pattern for the half lining that was common on many of the original style shirts.
 it came out better than what i ever expected.

and just for fun, heres a couple of pics with me wearing it at the pleasent hill civil war battle a few weeks ago

" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: period shirt
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 09:53:20 AM »
Nice shirt.

Ugly model.

;D

Ducking for cover now.

BTW, never heard of Galla Rock before.  Thanks for the introduction.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 11:40:14 AM »
Where is that event Billy ? and what is the Mounted Artillary unit I see in te BG ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:03:10 PM »

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:56:42 AM »
You know you're loved when the boys call you ugly Billy. It's also a good thing you have such a pretty shirt to fix up the rest of ya'.

Send more pictures amigo.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 06:29:07 PM »
Very nice looking shirt Billy.
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline buckskin billy

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
    • the buck rub
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »
thanks for the nice compliments yall. wouldn't want to be known as a pretty boy ;D.

major2 that is at the battle of pleasant hill re-enactment close to mansfield louisiana. it is at a actual civil war battle field. the old dog trott house that you see in the back ground was there when the battle took place and was used as a hospital. i was there with the 4th louisiana artillary and that is one of there guns i'm pictured with. i believe they called it a 10 pound parrot rifle. they have two of those and a original gatlin gun but its in a museum in ruston louisiana.
 they had artillary from all over the place as well as infrantry cavarly and dismounted cavarly. its a pretty good shin dig, and next year is the 150th annivesary so they be planning something real special.
 i took a boat load of pictures and would be glad to share 'em here if anyone is interested in seeing them
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 04:37:37 AM »
thanks for the nice compliments yall. wouldn't want to be known as a pretty boy ;D.

major2 that is at the battle of pleasant hill re-enactment close to mansfield louisiana. it is at a actual civil war battle field. the old dog trott house that you see in the back ground was there when the battle took place and was used as a hospital. i was there with the 4th louisiana artillary and that is one of there guns i'm pictured with. i believe they called it a 10 pound parrot rifle. they have two of those and a original gatlin gun but its in a museum in ruston louisiana.
 they had artillary from all over the place as well as infrantry cavarly and dismounted cavarly. its a pretty good shin dig, and next year is the 150th annivesary so they be planning something real special.
 i took a boat load of pictures and would be glad to share 'em here if anyone is interested in seeing them

I declare, I thought I recognized the building  :)  We used to reenact at Mansfield & Old Town
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline wyldwylliam

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 08:33:27 PM »
Well I for 1 would be deeelighted to see more of your pictures. The one of you in front of the canon would be awesome were it not for the cars in the background. More please!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com