Author Topic: Kelley Soule Silhouette (MidRange) Sight on 45-60 (Uberti)  (Read 6035 times)

Offline Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS#86684 Wartrace Regulators
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
For those interested-

This is the Kelley Soule Silhouette Sight (Mid Range) and the Kelley Globe Front Sight mounted on my Uberti Centennial '76 (45-60).  My opine... I think it looks good, but what I like most... it is very accurate and she does not "wobble" when indexed.  You get elevation and windage adjustment very easy... 27 minutes each side of zero for windage and this sight will perform the same as the Long Range Soule Sight... but I do not think that a 45-60 would be very effective beyond 300 yards.... someday before my eyesight goes completely... I may check it out and just see how far I can shoot with her. Hope you folks like the sight as far as looks as much as I do.
"If I killed that kid, it was the best shot I ever made, and the dirtiest trick I ever did."

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Kelley Soule Silhouette (MidRange) Sight on 45-60 (Uberti)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 02:22:58 PM »
That's a mighty fine lookin rig you got there TH. How do ya keep your gun lookin like it just came outa the box. I guess this old dusty desert country is rougher on a finish. Kinda like rubbin compound on the finish every day. Like I said mighty fine.....Dusty

Offline Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS#86684 Wartrace Regulators
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »
DT-

Live in Tennesse, The wood stock and forearm has a lot of Johnson Paste Wax on it...LOL  we are not blessed with sand here... but we do have a lot of mold and wetness this time of the year.  But I also take pains with all of my firearms... Thank you for the compliment.
"If I killed that kid, it was the best shot I ever made, and the dirtiest trick I ever did."

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:34:35 PM »

Offline The Goose

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 03:07:50 PM »
Very nice set up. Which base did you use for the rear sight?
"No matter what line we hand you when we come crawlin' in, we ain't wrong, we ain't sorry and it's probably gonna happen again. And that's the truth about men." Tracy Byrd

Offline buckskin billy

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
    • the buck rub
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:16:42 PM »
very nice. im wanting to get the same set up on my c.sharps
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Missouri Mule

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 06:11:16 PM »
Tom,
Great looking sight. I was wondering if you could give me the part number and info on that Kelly sight? After repeated attempts thru e-mail to Jim Kelly and phone calls to Buffalo arms, I haven't got an answer. I'm not shelling out $500 on a guess just to see if it works. Buffalo arms needs to get edu ma cated on what they sell.
Thanks a bunch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com