Author Topic: TTN Serial number 00001 for sale at gunbroker!!! Hurry! auction ends 4-12-13  (Read 7188 times)

Offline Michael Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Boys!
Just found one on gunbroker. Very first one that came out. Type in TTn in search. It starts at 425.00. No bids yet.
Ends 4/12/2013 6:30:00 PM ET  (GunBroker.com Official Time)      
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=335934342

Somebody go get it. I just bought a new sixshooter so no cash  :'(

What a deal!
My heart is pounding like a hammer.
Damn what a deal. Serial number 00001. Imagine that?

Offline harleydavis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #C31 SASS #3740 NRA GAF #394 5th Minn. Infry
  • SASS #: 3640
  • NCOWS #: C31
  • GAF #: 934
  • Liked:
I won this auction and should have this shotgun next week. Thank you for the heads up. I will let you know how it looks and shoot.
I remain, respectfully,
Harley Davis
"I do not believe in ghosts so I do not burn a candle waiting for them. As to the killing of a bad man, when it comes to a fight, it is the other man or me. And when the deed is done, why bother the mind? Afterall, the killing of a bad man should not bother anymore than the killing of a rat, a vicious cat or an ugly dog" James Butler Hickok when asked if he ever thought about the men he had killed.

Offline Michael Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Congratulations! From what I've gathered over quite a bit of time, it's an awesome shotgun. Many people love it. I heard it's build like a tank but retains the looks like not too many others. And with this serial number!!!!! Have fun!

Advertising

Offline harleydavis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Yeah, the old collector in me thinks that I should not shoot serial number 00001. Reality is that I probably will not live long enough for it to ever be collector valuable. It will be fired repeatedly and hopefully, hit what I am trying to hit. I am sure the shotgun will do its part, one can not be so confident of the shooter's ability I fear!!!
I remain, respectfully,
Harley Davis
"I do not believe in ghosts so I do not burn a candle waiting for them. As to the killing of a bad man, when it comes to a fight, it is the other man or me. And when the deed is done, why bother the mind? Afterall, the killing of a bad man should not bother anymore than the killing of a rat, a vicious cat or an ugly dog" James Butler Hickok when asked if he ever thought about the men he had killed.

Offline Michael Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
You shoot it if you want and have fun. When I get some some I'll make you an offer. For new or shot.
You'll like it, but ask around about this serial number so you don' fry yourself.
Good luck

Offline Pit Mule

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Aw shoot it and have fun with it. I have a friend who owns SASS Ruger Vaqueros #1 & #2 and shoots them all the time. I doubt it will ever be a true collectors item. The bottom line is it ain't worth anything unless you sell it.
fortdesmoinesrangers.com

Fort Des Moines Rangers
Cedar Valley Vigilantes
Zen Shootists
Nebraska Territorial Rangers
Member: The Naughty Posse
SASS #29220 ( Classic Cowboy )
NRA Life
SASS ROII
NRA RSO
Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, & notice more than you realize.

Offline harleydavis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
[quote The bottom line is it ain't worth anything unless you sell it.
[/quote]
Indeed, it aint worth 5 cents until it sells for 5 cents. Didnt buy it cuz of the serial number, believe it will be on the shooting line very soon!!
I remain, respectfully,
Harley Davis

Offline Michael Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
You ride it and you ride it hard! Those are superbly crafted and are like Rugers sixguns compared to the rest. Just built to last.
Enjoy it and make a review of it. Don't forget about the pictures!
Good luck!

Michael Bear

Offline harleydavis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Used the SXS at a shoot last weekend. It performed superbly. The inset hammers are the clear ticket on an exposed hammer shotgun. Cocking them both together was nice. Liked it so much I have sold my '87.
I remain, respectfully,
Harley Davis

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
I bought mine direct from Walt Johnson TTn in March of 04, I'd assume it was Manufactured in 03  :-\

So the assumption it is 10 years old ...it has been flawless, Walt installed lightened springs & an oversize bead.
 I even asked him to hand select the Stock for some figure , he did not disappoint me.
The only thing is it was about 2 years later he offered US applied Case Coloring to the locks for a short time.

I did emery down the sharp spurs on the hammers, they would de-hide you pretty good.

Bluing has held up very well, and it has no rust, on steady diet of AAP Clean Shot and an occasional box or 2 of store bought.

when planets align...do the deal !

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
Major 2, I think you need to check your math there  :)

Got mine in '04 as well.  For some time they came with "standard" springs and sight bead installed, and a set of lighter springs and the larger bead in the box.  Later they did just send them out with the lighter springs and the bigger bead already installed.  I love mine.  I antiqued it a number of years ago and often get asked if it is an original.

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I antiqued it a number of years ago and often get asked if it is an original.

Abilene:

Is there a writeup somewhere on the antiquing process????

Bob
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Major 2, I think you need to check your math there  :)

Got mine in '04 as well.  For some time they came with "standard" springs and sight bead installed, and a set of lighter springs and the larger bead in the box.  Later they did just send them out with the lighter springs and the bigger bead already installed.  I love mine.  I antiqued it a number of years ago and often get asked if it is an original.

Opps  ;D ... I was thinking 2013...  corrected 10 years old
when planets align...do the deal !

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
Abilene:

Is there a writeup somewhere on the antiquing process????

Bob

Longshot Logan is no longer with us, but some of his info still is.  A lot of people used this info to refinish wood and to antique guns.
Refinish wood: http://www.cuttersraiders.com/plans/StockRefinishing.pdf

Antique a gun: http://www.theopenrange.net/articles/Antiquing_SAA_Revolver.pdf

I basically did the same as he described for stripping the wood and giving it an oil finish.  As for the antiquing, I used a less involved method.  Used Birchwood Casey rust and blue remover to completely remove blue, leaving a dull gray finish.  Added a little cold blue in protected areas.  This is a little hard to do and have the cold blue fade into the gray without leaving a line, but if it doesn't look right it can be removed and start over.  Steel wool here and there.  After this, I completely degrease the gun and let it get a little flash rust.  When this is wiped off it leaves some "character" marks.  The shotgun will also get some flash rust when I shoot it in rainy conditions, leaving more character  :)  My antique finish (Uberti) Model P never rusts.  Different steel I suppose.

There are some older topics somewhere on this site that concern antiquing and others have mentioned their methods.

Here's mine: http://www.davidscottharper.com/photos/AntiqueLook2.jpg

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Thanks Abilene, I was thinking about browning mine . . . that will have to wait until I get another project done.
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com