Author Topic: New Western on the Horizon  (Read 5667 times)

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Western on the Horizon
« on: April 08, 2013, 08:59:27 AM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: New Western on the Horizon
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 09:32:28 AM »
Sounds like one more I'll rush right out and miss when it's released.  ::)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 10:40:43 AM »
I wonder how snipes made this movie, he was just released from prison, where he was serving a sentence for tax evasion. No thanks! I won't help get him out of debt.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:48:06 PM »

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »
Sounds like one more I'll rush right out and miss when it's released.  ::)

Good idea -- I think I'll follow our lead on this one.

Bill

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 01:02:51 PM »
When your favorite movie genre is low on the movie producers "to do" list, you gotta take what you can get. Afterall, any western has to be better than the majority of Hollyweird production.

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »
When your favorite movie genre is low on the movie producers "to do" list, you gotta take what you can get. Afterall, any western has to be better than the majority of Hollyweird production.

Do like I have been doing. I have been collecting DVD's of all the western genre movies. that I like, that I can. In the last five years my collection has grown to over three hundred movies on DVD... I buy one movie, about every other week, when I can find them.

I find that perusing Amazon dot com, and using the search function, that I find many good movies. The new breed of Hollywood movie makers can take a flying leap, for all that I care about them.

With that many movies, they don't get old because I don't watch the same movie over and over.

That way I don't have to put up with most of the crap that passes for movies these days.

Bill

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 09:46:03 PM »
I'll rush to miss it also.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 11:32:06 PM »

No, a person doesn't have to take what they can get... If you vote with your pocket book, and don't buy movie tickets, they will get the word.

Bill

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 07:04:48 PM »
It seems like you are being very judgemental about a movie that isn't even made yet. As far as Wesley Snipes being covicted of tax evasion, well just look up Steve McQueen's bio. http://www.biography.com/people/steve-mcqueen-9394602
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 08:26:28 PM »
Looks like Django, meets Pirates of the Caribbean. Plus a little Blade mixed in. The character that Snipes is playing looks an aweful lot like Capt. Jack Sparrow to me.

Could be good for a laugh or two. If I do watch it it will be once it comes out on DVD. That's a big IF.

The way I see the Snipes tax issue is that he did his time in prison, so as far as I can tell he served his time. Maybe this is his 3:10 to Yuma attempt.  ;) ;D

This one looks interesting.

I also watched one recently named Good For Nothing. I kinda liked it.
It's an Aussie western. Pretty interesting.

One I would highly suggest staying away from is Wyatt Earp's Revenge. Man that was a stinker. And it really could have been good. They just didn't try very hard.

I would like to know if anyone has ever seen the movies Red Headed Stranger, The Grey Fox and Wild Bill Hickok (the William S. Hart version) on DVD. I would love to have copies of these.

Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline Whiskey Banjo

• Bourbon bullets
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 11:26:56 PM »
Looks like Django, meets Pirates of the Caribbean. Plus a little Blade mixed in. The character that Snipes is playing looks an aweful lot like Capt. Jack Sparrow to me.

That is an extremely amusing mental picture. Definitely a movie i will never see. Snipes is terrible enough, but snipes in a western? Now thats comedy.
SASS#97496. RATS#667

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 12:30:49 PM »

Could be good for a laugh or two. If I do watch it it will be once it comes out on DVD. That's a big IF.

The way I see the Snipes tax issue is that he did his time in prison, so as far as I can tell he served his time. Maybe this is his 3:10 to Yuma attempt.  ;) ;D

This one looks interesting.

I also watched one recently named Good For Nothing. I kinda liked it.
It's an Aussie western. Pretty interesting.

One I would highly suggest staying away from is Wyatt Earp's Revenge. Man that was a stinker. And it really could have been good. They just didn't try very hard.

I would like to know if anyone has ever seen the movies Red Headed Stranger, The Grey Fox and Wild Bill Hickok (the William S. Hart version) on DVD. I would love to have copies of these.

I've seen "The Grey Fox" movie, and I liked it as a movie. As a historical drama there wasn't much of historical value in the movie. However, it was good entertaiinment to me.

It's too bad that Richard Farnsworth committed suicide, after he was informed that he had inoperable cancer.

Bill

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 06:55:09 AM »
I do not believe Grey Fox is on DVD.   I have searched for years for it.  Farnsworth was a great actor.   His role as the guy driving his lawnmower to see his estranged brother across Iowa was amazing.   
I put his decision with Brian Keith's.  Never know what I would do till faced with something similar.

Offline ChuckBurrows

• Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild Rose Trading Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 04:22:55 PM »
I do not believe Grey Fox is on DVD.   I have searched for years for it.  Farnsworth was a great actor.   His role as the guy driving his lawnmower to see his estranged brother across Iowa was amazing.   
I put his decision with Brian Keith's.  Never know what I would do till faced with something similar.

And you can get it here also. This is where I got mine.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=The+Grey+Fox

I also bought his last movie called "The Straight Story." This is a very good movie. It's the movie where he drives across Iowa on a lawn mower because his drivers license has been taken away.

Offline griswold

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 02:02:56 PM »
I have a half finished western novel that I lost interest in writing due to other duties in the past 20 years.....working and staying alive.

Now that I am semi retired, I'd like to finish it. But do not know whether to publish it as a novel with all the other million western novels or find someone who would make a screenplay and produce this as a movie.

I had the first half reviewed for errors and they told me they had a hard time paying attention to what they were suppose to be doing because they kept getting involved in the storyline. So I have a good idea it is a interesting tale.
Should make a good novel or movie. But not Hollywood..........
Any suggestions out there?

griswold
Griswold,
The Griswold was favored by my Great Grand Pa James Henry Story who rode with the 7th Georgia Cavalry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com