Author Topic: Cimarron Frontier vs Great Western 2  (Read 5592 times)

Offline Michael Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cimarron Frontier vs Great Western 2
« on: April 01, 2013, 07:44:27 AM »
We all know that GW2 is a great gun. But since Both these guns are made by Pietta, what are the differences?
Anyone has any experience with frontier? Looks to be less expensive and finish is nice as well as action.

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
Re: Cimarron Frontier vs Great Western 2
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 04:00:48 PM »
Howdy Michael, I have both, and as far as I can tell they are the same Pietta gun. The Frontier does have real color case hardening and mine came with Lee Gunslinger springs installed. I use the GW IIs in 45LC for CFDA and SASS, and the Frontier in 38/357 for SASS with real BP. Both The GW II and the Frontier are great pistolas, Good Luck :)

Jefro :D Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline Michael Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 07:17:04 AM »
There is a difference in price of about 100.00 or so. There is gotto be a difference somewhere. Frontier has nice action done, true color case hardening like you said so ought to be more pricey. Also, I read somewhere that Frontier isn't a true SAA clone. Anyone has any info on this?
This is kind of weird. Better gun for less money... is this possible?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:05:22 AM »

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 362
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:59:45 AM »
There is a difference in price of about 100.00 or so. There is gotto be a difference somewhere. Frontier has nice action done, true color case hardening like you said so ought to be more pricey. Also, I read somewhere that Frontier isn't a true SAA clone. Anyone has any info on this?

I don't know about all of them but some of the Pietta SAA clones don't have the true SAA grip and the trigger is different. One of the guys that shoots with us has one and the grip is more like an 1860 Army. Maybe that is what they were referring too.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:36:47 PM »
Howdy Michael, the GW II and the Frontier are the exact same Pietta gun, and they are the closest Italian replica to a Colt SAA according to some well know gunsmiths. When the Frontier first came out they were more than the GW II, why they have dropped in price I don't know. They didn't really promote the gun when it came out so they may just have to many on hand. I just stumbled on to them, at the price Longhunter has them for I thnk I'm gonna get another pair.
  The EMF Alchimista is the one with the 1860 Army grip frame. Good Luck :)

Offline Michael Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 08:59:32 PM »
That's why I can't decide which. Frontier looks prettier than GW, don't you think?

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 11:13:12 AM »
That's why I can't decide which. Frontier looks prettier than GW, don't you think?
Howdy Michael, they both have that deep, deep dark blue, almost black, same frame and grips just different markings. I would definitely get the Frontier cause of the extras, and $70 bucks less. Plus I like dealing with Longhunter too. Good Luck :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com