Author Topic: USFA Rodeo  (Read 4242 times)

Offline seabeechief

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USFA Rodeo
« on: March 29, 2013, 03:26:04 PM »
Hi!  I am new to this board, and was hoping someone could help me out.  I got a USFA Rodeo with a 7 1/2" barrel in 45 LC in trade a few years ago.  I have not been able to find out anything on a rodeo with this barrel length.  It's in about 95% condtion, and my boys and I have put about 100 rounds through it.  Not looking to sell it, as it has quickly become one of my favorite guns, but looking for a ballpark value on it.  (I traded a browning hi-power for it, and I think I got the better end of the deal.  I enjoy this one MUCH more!)  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: USFA Rodeo
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 08:57:17 PM »
Hi CB Chief,

Well, unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your outlook, USFA is out of the Single Action handgun business.  Some folks are asking stupid money for NIB examples and some of P T Barnum's deciples are paying that stupid money.
A Rodeo (cheapest USFA), would normally be valued between $550 - $650.  Again, some folks are getting stupid money for USFAs, so the value is going to we whatever you can get someone to pay foe it.  Remember P T Barnum's mantra.

Coffinmaker

Offline GaryG

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 10:17:14 PM »
The Rodeo came standard in either 38Sp or 45LC and with a barrel length of 4 3/4" or 5 1/2".  Other calibers or barrel lengths were available as an option.  There was a $100 upcharge for a different cal and/or barrel length.  The Rodeo was a money loser for USFA and the additional charge was there to hopefully guide the buyer toward the standard SA.   BTW, in 2005, the Rodeo was available in any cal or barrel length.  When the 2007 price list became effective, the Rodeo was limited to the 2 calibers and barrel lengths.   

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:32:59 PM »

Offline jdpress

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 05:51:20 PM »
Seabee Chief:

Welcome to the USFA forum and thank you for your service!

I have only seen photographs of four USFA Rodeo models with 7-1/2  inch barrels so there are not many out in the marketplace.  You have one of the rarer Rodeo models.
In late 2012 a NIB .45 Colt Rodeo with 7-1/2 inch barrel and extra .45 ACP cylinder sold on Gun Broker for $850.  About 1-2 months later, still in 2012 a less desirable caliber, a .38 Special NIB Rodeo with 7-1/2 inch barrel sold on Gun Auction for $895.  The barrel caliber marking was unique: Colt and S&W Special 38.
I would estimate that your Rodeo, if in excellent used condition, with the box, literature & cloth bag, and with the popular .45 Colt caliber would be worth about $900 in today's market.

Enjoy your USFA revolver; you have a very nice one!

J.D. Press

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com