Author Topic: '75 Rem. Trouble  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
'75 Rem. Trouble
« on: March 13, 2013, 09:47:48 PM »
A young man at a shooting range showed me an Uberti '75 5.5" Rem. he bought at Cabela's approx. a year ago. The barrel can be completely UNSCREWED BY HAND!!!!  :o  He called Stoeger but had to leave a message as they were swamped. I have no idea on the warranty on this and he is worried they won't do anything to help him as obviously it will need a new barrel as to set it back a thread would require the ejector housing screw hole in barrel to be welded up and re-threaded. How this got by QC I know not.

Anyone see this before?

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: '75 Rem. Trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:18:53 PM »
See it once in a while.  If everything lines up when the barrel bottoms against the frame, thoroughly degrease the frame and barrel threads and put red loctite on it.  If he bought it new from Cabellas it should still be under warranty.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 04:29:25 AM »
...If everything lines up when the barrel bottoms against the frame, thoroughly degrease the frame and barrel threads and put red loctite on it...

Funny thing about that I forgot to mention:  when the barrel is screwed on tight by hand the front sight is only at about 10 o'clock viewed from the rear, i.e., it has another 80% turn left to crush fit!! Total factory FUBAR.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:25:09 PM »

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 362
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:57:14 PM »
I had a Uberti SAA the same way. Gun fell apart when I was shooting it. My theory was it was assembled dirty, mill shavings or something under the shoulder.

I had to set the barrel back almost another turn.

Everything on that gun fell apart or was loose, must have been assembled by a greenhorn on Friday afternoon.

After basically rebuilding the whole gun it has served me well for a few years now.

I had one gun that the barrel came loose on and I did the red loctite thing as Pettifogger said.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com