Author Topic: Matte Lightning Rifle?  (Read 2308 times)

Offline OD#3

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Matte Lightning Rifle?
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:37:32 PM »
I just purchased a USFA Lightning Rifle in .45 Colt from a good friend.  He had acquired two recently, but since one of them was the deluxe version (and absolutely gorgeous) I could only afford the lesser of his two grades. This one I bought was good deal cheaper because of the finish.  Although the barrel and other small parts are polished, they aren't what I'd call a high polish.  The hammer isn't casehardened, and the receiver has a matte, bead-blasted finish.  Finally, the handguard has no checkering--just a lined border.  I thought I'd remembered reading something once about an expected  "cowboy action" version or "Rodeo" version of the Lightning, but I never read anything since, and I've never seen a Lightning finished in this way--until I bought this one.  Anyone know anything about these matte-finished USFA Lightnings?

Offline GaryG

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Matte Lightning Rifle?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 08:42:08 AM »
This was Cowboy lightning.  Only came with a round barrel, the glass beaded rodeo finish, and uncheckered hand guard.  It last showed up in the 2005 pricelist at $1345, about $400 less expensive than the Deluxe you mentioned.   The Deluxe version could also be ordered with upgraded wood, color case frame, 1/2 octagon 1/2 round barrel, etc.

Offline wileycoyote

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »

it is so great having gary here!!!!!   ;D

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:34:53 PM »

Offline OD#3

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »
Yes it certainly is!  Thanks so much, Gary for the information!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com