Author Topic: Looking for cas data  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Johnny Law Dog

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Looking for cas data
« on: February 20, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »
Hello fellow CAS hand loaders.  In these tough gun times, I have gotten my hands on some Herters 162 & 164 shotgun powder.  All of it is in new un-opened containers.  Looking to use it 38/357 cases for CAS and in shotgun loads.  Anyone have some in-sight how to go about developing loads.  Thanks for any help.
Johnny Law Dog
AMSC(AW/NAC), USN CPO Ret.
H-3 Sea King & H-46 Sea Knight Crewchief
P-3 Flight Engineer
SASS 77715
BOLD 888
SCORRS
NRA
Patrol Senior Trooper
"As it should be".  CWO USN

Offline Peddler Parsons

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Looking for cas data
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:43:33 PM »
PM sent

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 09:00:50 AM »
     Ahhhh!!!! Anytime the name Herter's pops up anywhere I take interest. I'm a Ol' Herters 'junkie', devoured the Ol' catolog when I was kid from front to back every year from around '62 when my Dad started getting it untill they closed up. I only lived a little over an hours drive from the old store in Waseca, Minn. so after around 1970 or so, it was always a fun drive to head up there from Iowa on a Sat or Sunday afternoon. Found a catalog of '62 vintige in a junk shop, fun to read.
     Ref the Herter powder, if I remember right, I think I read it was made in Scotland, a poster on CastBoolits stated he thought Sweden. Whatever, I typed "Herters Smokeless Powders" into thee ol computor and alot of .comm's came up with alot of info. Check out Gunloads and CastBoolits.com's-seems to be alot of posts referring to Herters powders and your 162 and 164.
     Would be fun to load up 'thee ol gang' in a time machine and make another trip up to Herters. A forerunner of Cabela's, Gander Mountian, and others. Glad I was born at the time I was to enjoy all the "World Famous" and "Model Perfect" items they had for sale and to read about all the 'tenderfoot' and "city slicker" items and products to avoid!!! Wish they hadn't closed!!!

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:47:07 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com