Author Topic: EMF Great Western II.....Wow!  (Read 9844 times)

Offline J.D.Cayhill

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
EMF Great Western II.....Wow!
« on: May 30, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »
My Pard Bill Derringer just recieved his new brace of GW II's in 44-40 and after shooting them yesterday all I can say is "Wow". These were the deluxe models, blue with genuine case hardened frames. Both came with two sets of grips, the regular wood grips and Eagle Ultra Ivory grips that were fitted perfectly to each gun. The fit and finish on these shooters was darn near perfect, the best I have ever seen on a clone. The blueing was deep and rich, and the metal polishing before the blueing was first class. The case hardening if not done by Doug Turnbull (not sure who did it currently) was sure as nice as his work I have seen. There was not a sharp edge or a buggered screw anywhere that I could find on either pistol.

When we finally were done admiring and started shooting them for the first time it only got better. Both pistols shot point of aim for both windage and elevation, and would cut ragged holes at fifteen yards when we did our part. Not bad at all for 4 3/4 inch barrels. The actions were smooth, but could be a bit smoother (a very little bit) if there was anything I could find fault with. The springs were perfect for CAS so no need to hand any extra money to Wolff for a spring kit.

This is not meant to be a commercial for EMF and I have no connection to them what so ever. I was just so impressed with the quality of these pistols for the price, I just had to post it. Your mileage may vary, but my Pard has a set of hoglegs to be proud of. For a set of SAA's that you won't break the bank and you can shoot without guilt these Great Western II's are hard to beat.
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man."
SBSS #638
BOSS #44
STORM #142
RATS #89

Offline Paper Chaser

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: EMF Great Western II.....Wow!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 12:17:49 PM »
Well, here's another vote (or two) for my pair of Great Western II Californians!! Great shooters aren't they?  Mine are 38/357; with 5 1/2" barrel; and if you haven't tried yours with BP then by all means give them a go; you will like it.  Mine are the standard models but have undergone the Nate Kiowa Jones action job. Truly remarkable and just love to shoot 'em !
SASS #54926
Mississippi Peacemakers,NatchezSixgunners
BOLD #H13
GAF #310; SBSS #1415; SCORRS

Big Hext Finnigan

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 02:54:49 PM »
I'd like to be able to handle a sample of the GWII.
They seem to have been praised and I've never read a bad word about them.. but they are pricey. (Of course with the recent increases, not so pricey.)

I might have to get a pair, but I'd have to decide what guns to get rid of in their stead.  Thanks for the report.
Adios,

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:15:59 PM »

Offline Paper Chaser

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 11:48:07 PM »
Howdy, Big Hext.  Samples? come to Mississippi and I'll be more than proud to have to shoot 'em.  Maybe I should come back to Texas for a spell and shoot with you.  Just thinking.
Got mine from our Texas Pard the one and only Nate Kiowa Jones, I'm sure he could fix you up. (LOL)
SASS #54926
BOLD #H13

Offline FloraBama Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Florida Bordertown
    • Panhandle Cowboys
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 11:57:56 AM »
What are the differences between the GW II and Beretta Stampede? The Stampede has a transfer bar but other than that they are both 1873 Colt Clones made by Uberti..right?? :)

As you can see I still need some help deciding which way to get "cloned" and move away from my Rugers.
~~~SASS# 54776~~~ BOLD# 568~~~

Big Hext Finnigan

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 04:27:52 PM »
Kid,

I think the GWIIs are made by Pietta.  Somebody back me up on that.. ;)
Adios,

Offline Brazos Bucky Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 05:41:55 PM »
It'l be my pleasure to back you up on this! ;D  I just switched back from a website that confirms your observation!

BB ;)
Brazos Bucky
"A man oughta do what he thinks is right."
BOLD #566, NRA Life (Endowment)
SASS #59058, SBSS #1605, SCORRS

Offline FloraBama Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Florida Bordertown
    • Panhandle Cowboys
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 07:13:56 PM »
Thanks, I guess my guess was a bad one.. :)
~~~SASS# 54776~~~ BOLD# 568~~~

Offline Paper Chaser

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 08:22:41 PM »
Pietta it is, at least according to the box label on my GW IIs.  And they still shoot great.
SASS #54926
BOLD #H13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com