Author Topic: Marbles Bullseye sight  (Read 6717 times)

Offline wyldwylliam

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Marbles Bullseye sight
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:43:24 PM »
In my long-running quest to get the right tang sight on my rifle, I recently got hold of the above sight to try as a stop-gap measure.

Just wanted to say that even though it took a fair bit of fitting, once installed it's proven to be a really excellent barrel sight, giving a fantastic sight picture without obscuring the target like most rear sights do. It also seems to be as nearly accurate as a hunting tang sight except for the lesser sight radius. Sight acquisition of also nearly instantaneous. But of course you're not getting the windage and elevation adjustment of a Vernier or whatever.

Anybody who isn't too bothered by the fact that it is not strictly authentic and wants what is probably the most accurate of any barrel mounted sight with its attendant durability might want to have a look at one. For a hunting sight I don't see how you could do better.

Offline wyldwylliam

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Marbles Bullseye sight
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 08:49:56 PM »
Did some more shooting with this sight.

A fantastic bit of kit, same accuracy as a tang sight and ten times as robust.

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 04:37:54 AM »
Wyldwylliam,I looked at one of the sight's you speak of . Look's like it is what you describe fast accurate and rugged. Think I'll order two. One for my 94 carbine 30wcf ,my everyday gun. And the other for the next rifle around the bend. What ever that may be . Thank's for the field report....... Dusty.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:01:37 PM »

Offline wyldwylliam

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:10:39 PM »
Cheers Dusty, hope you find them as good as I have. One of them would be perfect on a '94 in .30 wcf where loopy trajectories are not as much of a problem.

Offline hp246

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »
Sorry for renewing such an old post, but could not find a more recent one on the topic.  Can anyone advise if this sight is legal for CAS?  I've been told both.  When I review the rule, it is clear as mud.  The only reference I can finds says:  "Sights must look like sights available during the cowboy era".  The advertising for the sight says it is CAS legal.  Is there a place to find if there has been a ruling on this sight?

Offline will52100

• Top Active Citizen
    • Custom Knives
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 09:18:32 PM »
Which one did you get?  The 2 3/4" version?  I like the carbine sights on my Uberti NWMP, but my eyes aren't what they used to be and I like a peep sight.  Since this is used for range time and hunting, not CAS, I'm less worried about historically accurate and more about being accurate on target.  That said I'm not quite ready for fiber optics yet.
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com