Author Topic: Black Powder Frame 3rd Gen  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Black Powder Frame 3rd Gen
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:18:56 PM »
I have been looking for a Colt BP frome in .45 for a shooter for 2 or 3 years.  I found one Saturday that I could afford.  Unfortunately it is one of those built when the union owned Colt, and it is pretty rough inside but,  I did not buy it to collect, I bought her to shoot. 
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Black Powder Frame 3rd Gen
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:04:07 PM »
You will find it well worthwhile to have someone like Bob James work it over and smooth it up.  In addition to feeling better it will also wear better and last longer that way.

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 09:11:53 PM »
You will find it well worthwhile to have someone like Bob James work it over and smooth it up.  In addition to feeling better it will also wear better and last longer that way.
I second that motion, www.jamesguns.com

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:20:19 PM »

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 09:43:50 PM »
I live next door to a pretty good single action tuner.  I stoned the inside of the frame where the hand moves and put a wolff spring in so far.  I will eventually get Fred to  do an action job.  I plan on sending it to Nutmeg Sports for a set of one piece ivories and go from there.

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 07:24:52 AM »
I live next door to a pretty good single action tuner.  I stoned the inside of the frame where the hand moves and put a wolff spring in so far.  I will eventually get Fred to  do an action job.  I plan on sending it to Nutmeg Sports for a set of one piece ivories and go from there.
I second the idea of Nutmeg Sports doing your ivories as well . They did mine .  They also do action work  but not quite to the level of Bob James .

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 06:35:29 PM »
We have a tradition in my family of giving a Colt SA as a college graduation present.  My folks gave me one and them when my older boys graduated I gave them one each.  For Christmas about 10 years ago the boys and my wife put a set of Nutmeg Ivories on my graduation Colt.  When my oldest son got his first Company Command I put Ivory on his, and when son # 2 got his PhD we put Ivory on his.  Jim Aliamo has seen several of my Colts.  He does a great job.

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »
I shot it with both BP and Smokeless.  She prints a little to the left but we are getting that fixed.  I really like it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com