Author Topic: Zip At Shot Show  (Read 4156 times)

Offline Invinoveritas

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Zip At Shot Show
« on: January 15, 2013, 06:24:26 PM »
Don't want to steal my brother 's thunder but I understand Zip and Doug D, are , in fact at the Shot Show. Doug, ever the gentleman , is holding court and answering folks questions.

I understand he is not discounting the future of  USFA SAs, in fact, within maybe a couple of years.

Hope springs eternal.  I do have to say I have have had nothing but good experience with  Doug. Good guy

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Zip At Shot Show
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 07:38:33 PM »
Above confirmed.  He strongly denies that the Single Action is dead. He says they are re-tooling (there's that word again) a portion of the factory to resume SA production but that may take a year or more. He also implied the guns may not be exactly as before. We can all speculate on what that last part means.

Offline Doc Sunrise

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 06:35:12 AM »
How do you retool machinery that is nonexistant?  If the 2nd Generation USFA SA does come to be, I for one hope to be around to see it.  In the meantime, I will not be adding the Zip to my AR-10.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:11:57 AM »

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:53:09 AM »
Also got a 20 minute tutorial on the Zip from the inventor himself. Don't think it's legal in Wild Bunch matches but it IS much more interesting than what you have seen on the internet. Not sure what the market is however, particularly if they crack down on black guns.

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 406
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 02:20:46 PM »
Also got a 20 minute tutorial on the Zip from the inventor himself. Don't think it's legal in Wild Bunch matches but it IS much more interesting than what you have seen on the internet. Not sure what the market is however, particularly if they crack down on black guns.

Lemme guess.   Only one customer, the Military.  Make that a few more than one if they can tempt the various branches and covert groups!!
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Skeeter Lewis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 02:31:02 PM »
Is the Zip still alive?

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 03:11:13 PM »
Howdy Skeeter,
Yes, to the wonderment of us all, the ZiP is still alive and being sold through Davidson's.  When first introduced they got terrible independent reviews on YouTube and various Internet gun sites.  I don't know if any of the major print publications ever did any reviews.  I also don't know if the major problems with them - failure to feed/eject - have been resolved.
It would be interesting to know what the financial status of USFA is, now that they are dedicated exclusively to ZiP production.  When they first introduced the gun I thought it would be the certain death of them but they have kept going much longer than I would have predicted.  Just goes to show how much I know!
CJF    
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 05:11:13 PM »
Above confirmed.  He strongly denies that the Single Action is dead. He says they are re-tooling (there's that word again) a portion of the factory to resume SA production but that may take a year or more. He also implied the guns may not be exactly as before. We can all speculate on what that last part means.

Prices on even the Rodeo USFA guns have topped Colt SAA's.  No matter what Doug seems to say (or want us to believe) I'd be that horse has long ago left the barn never to be seen again. 

But then again a smart business man might read the writing on the wall and produce a limited (and reliable supply) of exceptionally high quality SAAs to be sold at a premium price.  Obviously many in the market willing to pay $1500+ for the original guns now that it is proven they are better put together and better quality than the current production and most of the earlier production Colts...which are also in very limited supply.   

"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 05:15:55 PM »
I saw an e-mail from a wholsaler a week ago and they were discounting all Zip guns. I can't believe they are still being offered however it can't be too hard too hard to keep production going when all it takes is a garage and a 3-D copier.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com