Author Topic: RIP  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
RIP
« on: December 29, 2012, 02:36:21 PM »
We lost one of our favorites this past week, Harry Carey, Jr. died at age 91. It would be hard to remember all of the westerns we have seen him in over the years. Another actor we lost earlier this year with too little notice was R.G Armstrong. He passed away in July at 95 . Both will be long remembered . We should all hope that playing cowboy is related to such longevity .

Offline cavsgt

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: RIP
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 06:00:31 PM »
  He was one of the last real cowboy/actors.  He will be missed by all.

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »
Not to mention that his father, Harry Carey, Sr., and his mother, Olive Carey, were great actors of the silent and early sound era, as well as mentors and surrogate parents to a generation of young actors, including John Wayne. In the indelible ending scene of "The Searchers," when Wayne grasps his elbow before turning away, that was a tribute to Harry Sr., that everyone in Hollywood in those days would recognize. He did it because it was Olive Carey shutting the door. Harry Jr.'s death marks the passing of a dynasty that spaned the whole history of film in America.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:44:02 PM »

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 11:44:09 AM »
I got to be in a picture with Harey carey Jr. :) ;) This was at his dads ranch that is now a museum.There was a good crowd there that day and he invited everyone to come to his home in Santa Barbera after the opening.They presented him with this rig and six shooter and i commented to him,he must have alot of those,he replied " no,they were all props,first one i got". I asked him also about Tombstone and the scene where he had to wear the got shot and smoke thing,he just said "aw ya get used to 'em' but they are a pain and said something about doing alot of takes.

Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com