Author Topic: D'jango Unchained  (Read 9108 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: D'jango Unchained
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 01:09:02 PM »
Been through this whole thread an no one reviewed the movie.  I saw it last night and the long and short of my take is that it starts out a perty good representation of a Sergio Leone film (music from Two Mules For Sister Sara) then it gets boring and when the heavy violence starts the soundtrack switches to rap.  It was as if they decided to wad the whole thing up and through it in the fire.  In my opinion the foul language was extremely over used and took away from the scenes.

As far as the actor/politics issue my perspective is this:  the best actor in the movie was the German who played an officer in Inglorius Basterds.  What would have happened if he went on SNL and said, "The best part was I got to kill a bunch of Jews"?  I imagine his career would have been destroyed so there is a double standard on what is acceptable and from whom. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 01:22:03 PM »
Can't review it,ain't gonna watch it.Nor the still LONE ranger movie~I got a feelin those that acted in Dee jango won't be workin anytime soon anymore..
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Badguybuster

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 03:47:24 PM »
I saw it before i heard about the interview.  It was pretty attrocious.  The fella who played the german dentist was amazing tho

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:15:38 PM »

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 03:57:49 PM »
I'm gonna buy the DVD and shoot it! Then take my whip and shred the Lone Ranger!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Whiskey Banjo

• Bourbon bullets
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 12:24:25 AM »
One of the most disgusting westerns ive ever seen. I walked out of the theatre.

I find it amazing how blacks can be racist but whites cant.

All i got to say to jamie foxs comments about obama is where the hell is the kkk when u need them?

Im not a fan of the kkk or any racist groups, but obama needs to be dealt with. And so do 90% of black actors and rap artists. They have completed destroyed this country. Its sad and embarrassing to have a president that surrounds himself with hip hop artists and black movie stars.

Makes me wanna puke. Oh wait, i just did.

SASS#97496. RATS#667

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 07:39:35 AM »
WOW! Just .......wow!

Offline Sam Cobra

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 07:50:01 AM »
+100  My thoughts exactly Rick.  I always hope they will keep politics to themselves so I don't have to boycott..but it is their choice.

Hargrave.
You said "But ask yourself this ... does your barber share your politics? Does your mechanic? Do all the people in your life whom you pay for service, share your politics?"

When I have had a person cutting my hair or any other service I usually don't get into politics. One time I went to an eye doctor who felt it was his duty to tell me his thoughts on President Bush. I told him mine and he tried to talk to me like I was an idiot. I told him where to go. For the last 3 years his office keeps asking me to use his service for my yearly eye exams. I keep telling them I would never do so and why. Now I hear he is out of business. I voted with my wallet and others must have done the same.

I will  often take a stance against actors, directors or anyone in the "entertainment" business who feels it is their duty to inform all us unwashed fools of their political standings. If they push their politics on me with their high visibility soapbox, then they should understand that I may be one of those who is offended by their simple minded political correctness. I will not spend a dime on their products. That is my right as a consumer. They are too ignorant to understand that they insult 50% of their audience.

I admire entertainers who keep their politics to themselves and just perform. I don't want to be preached to by someone who didn't finish high school. Look at the education of the majority of entertainers. Most dropped out of school and most are highly functioning idiots. They provide no real service to the community outside of pretending they are someone else and reading words put in their mouths by liberal writers. And they wonder why they don't get taken seriously except by other uneducated fools who pay to buy their products. No thanks.

Offline wyldwylliam

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »
All I needed to know that I would not see this movie is that it's by Tarantino.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2013, 03:03:14 PM »
Same reason i don't watch programs like Sons of Guns,American Guns,Duck Dynasty,Pawn Stars,American Pickers,stupid hunting shows, most of them are a bunch of liberals in disguise acting like idiotic PIAes,can't wait till i get wireless TV so i can watch some good stuff of my choosing :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2013, 07:33:11 PM »
I watched the movie from Red Box this week as my wife rented it as well as Lincoln. Now I don't rate movies by the actor's political beliefs in the real world but how well the did in a movie. I found it both entertaining and funny in a few ways. But then being 66 years old and seen a lot in my life I'm a bit more relaxed with both politics and entertainment. I also found it more to my tastes than Lincoln which I found dragged much of the movie. I want to be entertained when I see a movie as it is an escape from the problems of every day life.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 07:42:40 PM »
Heck it was worse than the Cosby show! :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 10:45:52 PM »
They kept shootin bounties and never hualin them off to collect the money..The german was good but he a dead german now! Made the white guys(hooded fellers) look stupid on purpose and all dem po niggas got et up by dogs,whooped on,beat up and brokin,mmmm--mmmm---mmmmm.

Hey i just wrote a movie ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com