Author Topic: D'jango Unchained  (Read 9025 times)

Offline Sam Cobra

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
D'jango Unchained
« on: December 11, 2012, 08:20:14 AM »
Well after I saw the video where the "star" Jamie Foxx said "all praise and honor to our lord and savior Barack Obama"  :(

The idiot then went on telling his SNL audience that he plays a slave the gets freed and then "gets to kill all the white people, how great is that"

Much as I LOVE to support westerns I won't spend a dime of my money to see this fool.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: D'jango Unchained
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 08:25:35 AM »
I think I'll pass as well ..... ::)

"gets to kill all the white people, how great is that"

why is that NOT racist ! 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »
It is racist to any normal thinking person, but in liberal minds blacks can't be racist. If a white performer had bragged about getting to kill all the black people in their new movie the liberal media would be screaming about it 27/7/365.
Just shows there is a double standard.  :'(
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:16:28 AM »

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 10:03:28 AM »
I'm going to stay home and watch 'Appaloosa'. 
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 10:16:10 AM »
Do keep in mind he was on SNL, where people customarily say outrageously exaggerated things. It's a satirical comedy show.

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »
So if I sway 'Hang all the N****rs' on Letterman then it's OK?

Offline c.o.jones

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »
BLACK MAN WITH AN ATTITUDE. I WON'T SPEND A DIME ON THIS MOVIE.
NCOWS 1097
Kansas Vigilance Committee
SASS 5610 Life
NRA Life
VFW Life
USMC Forever

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 05:40:43 PM »
SNL hasn't been comedy for a long time now. It's just entertainment for liberals.  I won't waste my time watching it.
Rick.

Offline Sam Cobra

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 08:19:19 PM »
SNL hasn't been comedy for a long time now. It's just entertainment for liberals.  I won't waste my time watching it.

Same here pard!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 03:28:36 AM »
+3
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Gen Lew Wallace

• Major General, VIII Corps, Commander Middle Dept.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Savior of Washington D.C.
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 08:23:07 AM »
Yep; wifey and I were looking forward to it.  But not now. 

+another
Retired USAF, 20 years defending my beloved nation
NRA Life, SUVCW, GAF#164, AF&AM, AASR

"This is my native state.  I will not leave it to serve the South.  Down the street yonder is the old cemetery, and my father lies there going to dust.  If I fight, I tell you, it shall be for his bones." -Lew Wallace, after the 1860 election

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »
I believe the statement is actually a quote from the movie.  Not defending it either way, but it was in an extended trailer I saw.  I take Tarantino with a grain of salt.  he sometimes really hits others really misses.  He is trying to do another homage to the spaghetti westerns and many of them were extreme in portrayals, specifically in a misogynistic portrayals of abuse.

Offline Sam Cobra

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 02:48:49 PM »
I don't like when they put an actor in a role for a "twist" like the black James West in the Wild Wild West remake...which I have never been able to sit through in it's entirety. I mean I like Will Smith as an actor but James West? really..how about Jackie Chan as Paladin? or if the new True Grit would have used a blue eyed swede for Rooster Cogburn.  I understand of course that it is a black man portraying a freed slave..but I guess the whole race thing is worn out for me.

Offline Hargrave

• " Prairie Smoke" Jake
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 05:58:22 PM »
Ok, I too was looking forward to the film and will probably still go see it.

As for Jamie's statements .... They are pretty tame compared to Quinten. Thay are both on the far left. I try not to look at the politics of any actor, director or anyone in Hollywood. These are the same people who talk about a gun ban and then make films where people soot up anything and anyone that moves. Quinten even called the current drug laws "slavery" ! 

The movie is going to be overly violent .... It will be a modern spaghetti western and over the top!

Wait to rent from the library next year or spend a dollar at red box .... But if you want to see it, don't let some idiot ruin your fun. There are plenty of idiots in the world.

"Prairie Smoke" Jake
Houston, TX
In matters of style, swim with the current;
In matters of principle, stand like a rock.
(Thomas Jefferson)

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 07:40:07 PM »
The problem being that money spent toward this movie funds people who turn right around and fund organizations that attack our way of life and intend on removing our Rights. I think I'll pass. I have DVDs to watch.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 09:02:04 AM »
+ 1
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Hargrave

• " Prairie Smoke" Jake
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 12:22:02 AM »
If that +1 is me, then you are mistaken.

I understand your opinion on paying for a movie made and acted by people you find represent what is wrong with America. I will agree, their politics is the opposite of mine in many, many ways. They still make entertaining film that makes me smile. I will not deny myself some entertainment because I disagree with author or actor.

Paying the nice lady who cuts my hair and even tipping her does not mean I condone her politics ... it means she cuts my hair well and with a smile to boot.

(Now someone like Pierce Morgan, that is different! ... that guy was just plane RUDE. Everyone is entitled to their opinion ... but not at the expense of some one else) Jamie Fox may speak gibberish, people may even listen ... but I have never heard him demean anyone for having an opinion different than his.  That is the standard by which I judge a man.

Now just so you know about the business of Hollywood and when you go to the movies .....
First 3 days of any film .... 95% of box office goes to production company
Day 4-14 ... negotiated to generally be about 60% to the production house.
day 14+ is generally under 50% going to the production house. 

Theaters (local employers) make 99% of their money from concessions. Go see a movie, help keep a local person employed and buy plenty of popcorn and soda. Even if you don't eat it.

If you still can't bring yourself to "spend money" where a percentage of it goes back to a person you find morally reprehensible, then don't. But ask yourself this ... does your barber share your politics? Does your mechanic? Do all the people in your life whom you pay for service, share your politics?

"Prairie Smoke" Jake
Houston, TX
In matters of style, swim with the current;
In matters of principle, stand like a rock.
(Thomas Jefferson)

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 01:37:28 PM »

Hargrave - Well said Sir!

I have not seen this movie and probably won't until it comes out on DVD and I can see it on cable. My wife says that that's because I'm cheap. I prefer to think of it as being penurious. The arguments around all of this just do not interest me. They are there for a purpose. The producers love them. In the entertainment industry there is no such thing as “bad” publicity. They just want to keep the name of the product in front of your face at all times. For them it’s unpaid advertising.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »
Hargrave.
You said "But ask yourself this ... does your barber share your politics? Does your mechanic? Do all the people in your life whom you pay for service, share your politics?"

When I have had a person cutting my hair or any other service I usually don't get into politics. One time I went to an eye doctor who felt it was his duty to tell me his thoughts on President Bush. I told him mine and he tried to talk to me like I was an idiot. I told him where to go. For the last 3 years his office keeps asking me to use his service for my yearly eye exams. I keep telling them I would never do so and why. Now I hear he is out of business. I voted with my wallet and others must have done the same.

I will  often take a stance against actors, directors or anyone in the "entertainment" business who feels it is their duty to inform all us unwashed fools of their political standings. If they push their politics on me with their high visibility soapbox, then they should understand that I may be one of those who is offended by their simple minded political correctness. I will not spend a dime on their products. That is my right as a consumer. They are too ignorant to understand that they insult 50% of their audience.

I admire entertainers who keep their politics to themselves and just perform. I don't want to be preached to by someone who didn't finish high school. Look at the education of the majority of entertainers. Most dropped out of school and most are highly functioning idiots. They provide no real service to the community outside of pretending they are someone else and reading words put in their mouths by liberal writers. And they wonder why they don't get taken seriously except by other uneducated fools who pay to buy their products. No thanks.

Rick.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEWIomU-K3w[/youtube]
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk