Author Topic: Cimarron Thunderer  (Read 29499 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Cimarron Thunderer
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2012, 03:18:05 PM »
The sun always shines here. That's why we have nearly a foot of snow in town.  On Christmas we went to my grandma's house.  Our four-wheel drive SUV got stuck (high-centered actually) a quarter mile from the house.  Seven hours and six inches of fresh snow later, we were headed home.  After we left, there was over two feet of snow on the ground.  :o  Needless to say, it was cold.  That was the first time I got to carry my Remington in my belt. 
Happy New Year,

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2013, 01:09:48 PM »
If they have that gun in .45 Colt I'd jump on it like Oprah on a canned ham.  Even though it's not NCOWS legal, I would use it for a carry gun.

Yes Sir, they make it in .45 LC. below is an example. I just got this a copuple of days ago in a trade. I have a really nice pair of grips for it on order and I'll post another photo when I get them installed. So far I've lightened the main spring A LOT. It comes with a prodigeous main spring that will test your thumb power. I also lightened the trigger spring and balanced the hand and the bolt springs. Timing is now perfect, or at least as perfect as I can detect. a polish of all moving parts and some white llithium greease made this one as smooth as silk. There is only a tiny, tiny creep ion the trigger pull, but it isn't enough to be noticed in CAS shooting. It's only when you pull the trigger agonizingly slowly that it is detectable and I'm afraid to stone it down any further for fear od overdoing it and having to buy a new trigger and hammer. As to the carry gun aspect of it. That's a personal choice, but it is a bigger gun than it appears in the photo and would be difficult to conceal under anything other than heavy winter clothing.

I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2013, 01:50:13 PM »
Bugs mentioned earlier about the grips being more "hand-filling" than might appear.  True, though my hands aren't very big and the grip feels good in my hand.  But everyone is a little different.  So just as an FYI I wanted to point out that the Pietta version of this gun (Cimarron calls it a Thunderball) looks almost the same but the grip is definitely smaller (mostly thinner).  Not as small as the Lightning grip, but noticeably smaller in the hand.  Also the Pietta is on a Pre-War frame whereas the Uberti is on a BP frame.  

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 03:59:00 AM »

Offline Wallace Foster

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2016, 10:09:05 PM »
Here are my pietta 45's I have smaller hands and love the way they feel

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2016, 02:12:58 AM »
Funny this thread came back.  I was just thinking about it. ::)  Heck, I think it was the second or third thread I started when I joined.

Let's see, since I started this thread I've bought:

Winchester 1400
Pietta '51 Navy
Ruger American 270
RIA 1911
Beretta 92
Lee-Enfield No. 4
 and soon to be either a Remington 700 or a Marlin 1895, haven't decided yet.

Working in a gun shop has it's perks. ;)

Still don't have one of these though.  :/ 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2016, 07:04:14 AM »
I have 4 and like em all. wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »
DINOSAUR   ;D

Coffinmaker

OOPS.  I just realized some Necromancer resurrected this thread. 

Offline Wallace Foster

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2016, 12:24:33 PM »
Woops, I was just wandering around and found this and didn't realise how old it was until after I posted.  :-[

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2016, 09:28:22 PM »
No problems at all Wallace.  ;D   I've done some resurrecting of threads myself. ::)

--TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com