Author Topic: DRAW! The greatest gunfights of the old west  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Rye Miles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
DRAW! The greatest gunfights of the old west
« on: November 13, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »
 :) Picked up a book by James Reasoner called, "DRAW, The greatest gunfights of the Old West. Good book. It was given to me by a pard who got it from someone who had a 5X7 index card with this message written: Free to enjoy-Pass it on when done!

Pretty cool!

Rye 8)
Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: DRAW! The greatest gunfights of the old west
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:30:13 PM »
A very nice sentiment. A couple of years ago I started a very short lived "book tour". I had just finished a really good book and offered it up to someone that may want to read it. I got a number of responses, so I got us all together and we agreed that I would send it out to the first person that asked for the book and that person would pass it on to the next person and it would go on that way until all had goten a chance to read the book. Well, I sent it off and the trail stopped right there. I would try it aqgain but I'm a little hesitant. I don't want to just feed some greedy SOB with a good book. Another though would be a book exchange among us. List a book that you are willing to give up in exchage for abother. It might be worth a try. E-Mail me if you are interested. I don't have any titlles in mind right now, but we can work that out later when we see the "wish list" and the "availability list".

telecomeaux@aol.com
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:32:12 PM »
:) Picked up a book by James Reasoner called, "DRAW, The greatest gunfights of the Old West. Good book. It was given to me by a pard who got it from someone who had a 5X7 index card with this message written: Free to enjoy-Pass it on when done!

Pretty cool!

Rye 8)

I have that book, and it is a good book.

Bill

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:55:28 PM »

Offline Hargrave

• " Prairie Smoke" Jake
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 02:42:58 PM »
You know, I like this idea of a book exchange. Not sure how we can make it work, but I have a few books I could donate to this endeavor. even a few DVD movies. Now all we would need to do is figure out how we can monitor everything to make sure someone doesn't just keep everything and not pass it along. Any thoughts?  Perhaps, like the library, put a nice label on the book/dvd so we could at least make someone feel guilty if they don't pass it along. :-)

"Prairie Smoke" Jake
Houston, TX
In matters of style, swim with the current;
In matters of principle, stand like a rock.
(Thomas Jefferson)

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 10:24:54 PM »

You know, I like this idea of a book exchange. Not sure how we can make it work, but I have a few books I could donate to this endeavor. even a few DVD movies. Now all we would need to do is figure out how we can monitor everything to make sure someone doesn't just keep everything and not pass it along. Any thoughts?  Perhaps, like the library, put a nice label on the book/dvd so we could at least make someone feel guilty if they don't pass it along. :-)

I have a couple of good books that I would take a chance on loosing. Here are my ideas on that. I could start it off as a book exchange with someone out there. I'll send out one and you/he/she will send me one.  I'll read the one that is sent to me and when I'm done I’ll do another exchange with someone else. In order to keep this organized, someone will have to keep track of who has or is getting a book next. The number of books in circulation will grow at an exponential rate, so we would need to develop a tracking system that will accommodate the number of books doubling with each reading and will be dependant on accurate and complete reporting on the progress of each exchange.

Another option would be a book tour, where there is only one or two books in circulation at any time and we can start a list of people that want to read one. Again we will need a central point of control and tracking, but it will be much, much easier to do. It just won’t circulate nearly as many books.

I also suggest that we start a new thread on this matter as I am hijacking this one by going on about this here. I’ll open a new thread on this and we can discuss it.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com