Author Topic: USFA "PREMIUM" Grade SAA  (Read 6578 times)

Offline Jughead

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USFA "PREMIUM" Grade SAA
« on: November 08, 2012, 05:42:20 AM »
I have seen some as "PREMIUM GRADE" designated. What does this indicate? THANKS

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: USFA "PREMIUM" Grade SAA
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 07:02:42 PM »
It's everything they make (made) except the Rodeo and Rodeo II.  I think the Gunslinger was considered a Premium grade too

Offline August

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 12:28:57 AM »
High polish, deep blue, case hardened frame.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:41:30 AM »

Offline Mossy Pops

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:13:12 AM »
Does anyone know what the pricing is now?

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 08:26:02 AM »
Since USFA's not in production and has sold off their nearly indestructible tooling - your best bet is going to be gunbroker.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 09:57:53 PM »
Maybe it means they only have a few guns left so they are trying to sell them at a premium. ;)

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 01:17:37 AM »
Anything but a ZiP.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Mossy Pops

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 10:35:57 AM »
I just talked to the girl at USFA.  For those that care, the price will be $1350 and they might be taking new orders as of the new year.  The backlog that exists is preventing them from taking new orders.  The girl there wasn't sure if 7 1/2 barrels would be extra or other calibers either.  I know that many will scoff at this and I don't blame them, but for me, I'm still hoping that the SAA will be available again.

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »
I heard all the old orders were effectively cancelled and if you want a SA you have to pay the new price (assuming they'll be back in the business of making them).

Offline jphendren

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »
I have not posted on here in a while, but have been following the USFA story very closely.  I own two USFA's, an O.W. Ainsworth model, along with a Pre-War, both in .45 Colt.  I have been sick at the though of not being able to buy any more of these.  I also have a 3rd Gen. Colt SAA, and as nice as it is, it is not as nice (or fitted as well) as either of my USFA's.  I have a friend who owns 25+ SAA's, a mixture of Colt's, USFA's, and a Turnbull.  I have handled/fired quite a few of them, I can say that USFA's are superior to any Colt that I have handled/shot.  I can't believe that USFA would stop production of a popular firearm to make something I doubt many/any people would want, but that is the benefit of being rich, you can do what you want.  From what I can tell, Doug is a bit eccentric, and this ZiP thing kind of proves that out.  If management at Colt tried something like this, their stockholders would string them up, but Doug is the sole owner, and as such answers to no one.  Here are some nice sixguns taken on a recent shooting trip, three USFA's, and two Colt's.

Jared

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 06:27:56 PM »
Jared,
Glad to see that you are still with us.
CJF
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 05:59:23 AM »
I have not posted on here in a while, but have been following the USFA story very closely.  I own two USFA's, an O.W. Ainsworth model, along with a Pre-War, both in .45 Colt.  I have been sick at the though of not being able to buy any more of these.  I also have a 3rd Gen. Colt SAA, and as nice as it is, it is not as nice (or fitted as well) as either of my USFA's.  I have a friend who owns 25+ SAA's, a mixture of Colt's, USFA's, and a Turnbull.  I have handled/fired quite a few of them, I can say that USFA's are superior to any Colt that I have handled/shot.  I can't believe that USFA would stop production of a popular firearm to make something I doubt many/any people would want, but that is the benefit of being rich, you can do what you want.  From what I can tell, Doug is a bit eccentric, and this ZiP thing kind of proves that out.  If management at Colt tried something like this, their stockholders would string them up, but Doug is the sole owner, and as such answers to no one.  Here are some nice sixguns taken on a recent shooting trip, three USFA's, and two Colt's.

Jared

Beautiful guns. A bit eccentric?  lol ;D
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com