Author Topic: Cowboy Fast Draw  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Escopeta Jake

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cowboy Fast Draw
« on: October 31, 2012, 10:38:59 PM »
Me and some of the boys in the outfit have been talking about trying Cowboy Fast Draw.
So, in the hopes of "maybe" starting up a new branch of our club devoted to Cowboy Fast Draw I have been over at their website reading up on some of the requirements that must be met and let me tell you they are a plenty.
It just seems like SO MUCH work for so little return.

Has anyone here partaken in the sport and do you have any advice for us ?

Thanks
EJ

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Cowboy Fast Draw
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:24:47 AM »
Not as bad as it looks depending on what style you want to shoot.Myself,i just like cowboy fast draw not the fancy stuff with bolted down holsters tipped a certan way.Cowboy is more like shoot what your wearing,easy to practice in your garage,you always want your holster to be in the same place on your body to be consistant.I like both styles just prefer the cowboy.Check out what they have on facebook.

Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 07:28:44 AM »
Jake, I shoot Cowboy Fast Draw.  It was the easiest and cheapest gun sport I have ever gotten into.  For some the biggest obstacle is the .45 colt requirement if they already own revolvers in other calibers.  When you say it there are plenty of requirements what are you referencing - the shooting or the club formation?
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:01:55 AM »

Offline Escopeta Jake

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »
TwoWalks,  I was refering to the club formation.  I quess i just needed to vent a little.  I think my problem is i am trying to compare the "how to" formation of a Fast Draw club to the "how to/what we did" formation of a SASS club.
It looks like a fact finding expedition is in order (+ we get to shoot!), our 2 closest Fast Draw clubs are 4-1/2 hour drive west or 4 hour drive east.  The 8 or 9 hour drive time just make for a LONG day.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »
That's my main problem is the drive,what's the name of the little town between Fresno and Visalia where they have the yearly one,Los ???That and i can barely walk anymore~ :(
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 12:40:43 PM »
TwoWalks,  I was refering to the club formation.  I quess i just needed to vent a little.  I think my problem is i am trying to compare the "how to" formation of a Fast Draw club to the "how to/what we did" formation of a SASS club.
It looks like a fact finding expedition is in order (+ we get to shoot!), our 2 closest Fast Draw clubs are 4-1/2 hour drive west or 4 hour drive east.  The 8 or 9 hour drive time just make for a LONG day.

There have been a few CFDA clubs that began with 2 people shooting in their garages.  From that point others have shown up and one day they had a half dozen folks shooting together and decided to become a sanctioned club.  A SASS club already has a good ground game in place.  You will need to get a minimum of two targets and timers, no matter if there is only 2 or 10 people in your group.  You could add Cowboy shooting to your SASS venue and not even become a sanctioned CFDA club.

1. Contact the office of CFDA and ask for the start up club package.
2. Contact,  James Casteel aka Shane at Phone:    (270) 256-1215 / (270) 274-3784 or E-Mail: bsjwcast@aol.com
3. Visit a current sanctioned club and they can help you with the start up as.

Hope this helps.

When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 05:55:21 PM »
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com