Author Topic: Improved Slix Shot nipples for Uberti Revolvers  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Improved Slix Shot nipples for Uberti Revolvers
« on: October 17, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »
Received two sets of the shorter Slix-Shot nipples for Uberti revolvers & had a chance to use them in a monthly match this past weekend. Match was six stages using a .36 cal Navy Arms Frontiersman loaded with 22 grains of fffg Grafs powder, .380 Log Cabin Sport Shop cast roundball and #10 Remington caps. The caps were installed and seated using a Ted Cash revolver (snail) capper only, no push stick. At the end of the match, exploded caps had all stayed on the nipples. There were no missfires, no cap jams, no hot cap fragments caught between palm and grips (that really hurts).

These nipples work!!!

Now all I need to do is install some reduced power mainsprings and I'll be unbeatable (yeah right  :o ).

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Improved Slix Shot nipples for Uberti Revolvers
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »
Fingers,
Too bad you're not a lefty like me where those flaming caps just roll off my knuckle onto the ground. The only time it is a bother is when I am put into a "black powder" or Frontier Cartridge category and I decide to shoot with two hands and they land between my cocking hand and my thumb. I've had a couple stick to me and sizzle a bit. That DOES take some of the fun away but is entertaining to the onlookers. Sometimes I think the Frontiersman category was created for "comic relief". Glad you solved another problem with the new nips.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com