Author Topic: Cattle Woman becomes Lt. Gov. of BC  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 396
Cattle Woman becomes Lt. Gov. of BC
« on: October 15, 2012, 08:35:24 PM »
A cattle woman will be BCs next Lieutenant-Governor.  Her family have been ranchers in the Nicola Valley for about 150 years.  For friends if Chinook Country, in Canada a Lt. Gov. is a largely ceremonial head of state for each province. It is an appointed position, but like the monarchy itself, can wield substantial power in a political crisis.

http://www2.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=36b0b4fa-ffda-448b-84f4-79dcdc0674c0
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cattle Woman becomes Lt. Gov. of BC
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 01:36:01 PM »
I lived and worked in Merritt for over a decade and knew our new Lt. Governor(ness?) and her late husband who operated the Guichon ranch east of Nicola lake. We were all active in the Reform Party movement.

She and others supplied me with data when I attended a fund raising barbecue at the Quilchena ranch, hosted by Guy Rose, a Liberal supporter. In attendance were the parachuted-in Liberal candidate (married to a local girl), his parents, campaign manager, political advisor (a California import), native Senator Len Marchand and other Liberal notables, along with a bus load of well wishers from Kamloops.
I was seated at a table with all but the candidate himself, the political advisor and the Senator, so I got the inside track.

After he did his party piece to polite applause, he was mine, and I cut him off at the knees with my questions, leaving him yamering and stammering. His campaign manager cut it short and asked me for my notes. I gave them to him, commenting that his boy needed all the help he could get.
The candidate couldn't even name the major towns and cities of the riding, larger than the country of Belgium. It was too easy and Guy Rose was shooting me daggers as the party broke up. No sense of humour, those LIberals .... ;>)

It was grass roots political activism 101, a great sport, second only to shooting.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Buffalo Creek Law Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »
My second hobby is needling Libs and Dippers, both verbally and in the media.  Just present them with facts and then watch them squirm, sputter and then try to put a spin on their unworkable ideas.
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:00:36 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com