Author Topic: Gun Cart Question  (Read 3991 times)

Offline dart368

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Gun Cart Question
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:59:52 PM »
Hey guys and gals.  I have shot 3 gun matches before and have found this cart to be acceptable.  But would it be acceptable in CAS events?  I can't afford a CAS type gun cart but was hoping that for now, this would suffice.  I can have it with the long guns in a case or out.  I read that the guns have to be muzzle up so I put them that way for the pics except for the gun case one's.  My rifle should be coming soon so for now, I replaced it with my trusty .22 for the pics.  Thanks.

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gun Cart Question
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »
Howdy Dart, plenty of folks use old strollers or golf carts for a gun cart. There is not a rule that says muzzles up, but it is the prefered method and manditory at some clubs. Muzzles must not be allowed to sweep anyone at any time. IMHO the set up you have will allow for someone to be sweept with the muzzles up. Most folks that use a stroller usually mount a peice of wood with cutouts between the stroller handles, and have a solid base with divders for the stocks and ammo in the bottom, this allows the long guns to be straight up. Check out the Rugged Gear cart for some ideas. Good Luck :)
Rugged Gear Gun Carts
Golf Cart Gun Cart

(2. Muzzle direction is important between, before, during, and after shooting a stage. A muzzle must not be allowed to “sweep” the other participants at any time. Long guns shall have their actions open with chambers and magazines empty and muzzles pointed in a safe direction when transported at a match.)

Jefro :D Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com