Author Topic: good accuracy with my UBERTI  (Read 5351 times)

Offline petrinal

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
good accuracy with my UBERTI
« on: September 24, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »
I decided to spend the Sunday afternoon doing some shooting with my Uberti Cattleman, in 45 colt. Accuracy was excellent, as you can see in the picture, with 4 shots in same hole, 2 more very very close, and one flier that was the shooter´s fault.

the distance was 25 meters on a 22 lr used standard international pistol target, one hand held, and the load was around 26 grains of 2F RIO (a local brand) black powder, and a light bullet of 200 grains, greased, using rice wheat as filler.

I prefer a slow burning black powder like 2F as the pressure is lower, with less recoil and blast, and longer case life.

the bullet comes from LEE MOLD number 450-200-1R, 200 grains, hard cast, with no resizing, straigth from mould wiht just grease on the bands.....leading is very little ..and with just a pass from time to time,  of a copper rod through the bore, it  is enough to keep on shooting and shooting...

all the best

Offline Oregon Bill

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 153
Re: good accuracy with my UBERTI
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »
That's a nice-shooting sixgun you have there Petrinal. You've a right to be pleased with her.

;)

Offline petrinal

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 05:31:05 PM »
thanks so much,  :)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:00:18 PM »

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:47:02 AM »
I've been happy with mine. The Colt SAA is such an easy gun to shoot and hit with that I don't hardly mess with anything else.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline petrinal

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 03:54:09 PM »
it is a wonderful design, far more ergonomic and equilibrate than most modern DA revolvers.

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 08:52:47 AM »
Yesterday at work, we had a family who all had gun experience but not with Cowboy type guns. They loved the SAA. They loved how easy it was to shoot and hit with. They were so happy with the guns that they bought our whole crew lunch. They also expressed an interest in finding a CAS club near their home.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 10:29:34 PM »
It is nice to have a modern reproduction of a 19th century arm that can be shot so well by almost anyone with some previous range time.  Nice shooting and with blackpowder no less!  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com