Author Topic: Parts Interchngeability  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Parts Interchngeability
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:49:39 PM »
In checking out the "Frankenpistol" thread on this forum I got to thinking. I realy do want short barreled .45 L.C. with birdshead grips. I'm just too cheap to spend $600 for one. How many, if any, grip frames will interchange with other makers. For example does a Pieta  grip frame screw right onto an Uberti, or is there any other combination?
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: Parts Interchngeability
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »
It's been my experience Pietta will not direct fit....
Course one can braize in the brass screw holes and redrill , then file for a reasonable facsimile of a fit....

however, Al Sharpton might disagree  ;D
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline sack peterson

• Very Active Citizen
    • Stag Grips
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:58:47 AM »
They will bolt on, but they are not “interchangeable” in any meaningful sense.  Here’s what you run across:

Screw patterns line up.  Threads are the same size.  But size of the screw heads is different, so you end up ordering a complete new set of screws.

Cylinder frame widths are different.   Pietta’s revolver has a more dramatic taper to the front.  A Pietta TG won’t properly cover the bottom of a Uberti cylinder frame.  Vice versa, you’d have to narrow out the edges on Uberti TG.

Uberti’s cylinder frame seems to be a 1/8 inch larger vertically.  Pietta’s TG / BS go on a bit kitty wampus as a result.  The other way around, I recall the Uberti TB / BS gapping on a Pietta frame.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:54:24 AM »

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:31:43 AM »
Bugscuffle ... perhaps a better option would be to check out VTI.  For the Uberti you get a 3" sheriff barrel and a birds head back strap for $175  and have a better chance of a good fit.  I believe you would have the same option for Pietta.  This would be better than trying to mix unrelated manufacturers.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 11:22:55 PM »
Buy the time you buy the new grip frames, new screws, new grips, etc. you will have probably spent more than $600.00.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com