Author Topic: I have been ruined by the GAF! No other matches are as much fun.  (Read 1897 times)

Offline G.W. Strong

• Grand Army of the Frontier, (Bvt.) Colonel, Commander of the Department of the Missouri
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • GAF, Department of the Missouri
    • Talbot's Fine Accessories
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Ever since I shot my first GAF match last October I have spent way too much time thinking about, preparing for, and building things for the GAF. Now that I have the Department of Missouri muster under my belt no other cowboy shooting matches are as much fun. None of them can hold a candle to what we did in July. Now as I prepare to help host the second Division of Illinois muster for the year I am extremely excited! After September 30th it will all be a let down. I cannot get to the grand muster because of work and will have to wait until next spring to attend another Illinois Muster. Help! I think I need therapy :P

All this is just my way of saying thanks to the GAF and all the cool stuff you all are doing. I look forward to finding more ways to help the GAF to expand and grow so everybody who wants to can do this!

THE Grand Army of the Frontier ROCKS!                            How much fun is this?
George Washington "Hopalong" Strong
Grand Army of the Frontier #774, (Bvt.) Colonel commanding the Department of the Missouri.
SASS #91251
Good Guy's Posse & Bristol Plains Pistoleros
NCOWS #3477
Sweetwater Regulators

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: I have been ruined by the GAF! No other matches are as much fun.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 04:47:58 AM »
+1 ...Although I keep trying. This weekend J Dawg and I ae going to Colorado to the AZSA (Zoot Shooters) World Championship.

That's why I'd really like to get a few more people to expirience the DoM Muster.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Charles Isaac

• Grand Army of the Frontier
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 11:57:06 AM »
I know! I hope to make it out for some more here some time. Now with the Skirmish walk and long range full powered rifle shooting that Col Neiderlander pushed for, it must be twice the fun!

In the mean time, I just fire my Krag in the local high power matches once in a while.

Advertising

Offline G.W. Strong

• Grand Army of the Frontier, (Bvt.) Colonel, Commander of the Department of the Missouri
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • GAF, Department of the Missouri
    • Talbot's Fine Accessories
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
I know! I hope to make it out for some more here some time. Now with the Skirmish walk and long range full powered rifle shooting that Col Neiderlander pushed for, it must be twice the fun!

Thrice the fun!
George Washington "Hopalong" Strong
Grand Army of the Frontier #774, (Bvt.) Colonel commanding the Department of the Missouri.
SASS #91251
Good Guy's Posse & Bristol Plains Pistoleros
NCOWS #3477
Sweetwater Regulators

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 02:36:36 PM »
I hear the food at Jerry's matches ain't half bad either. ;)

BTW to everyone who attends those, it may look like I'm working my hiiny off, but I'm having fun and how can fun be work.  Besides I get a lot of nice sitting time with some wonderful folks.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com