Author Topic: Global pulls popular outdoor show  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Global pulls popular outdoor show
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 10:35:17 AM »
We can either take this in the ear, in good ol' Canadian fashion, or we can contact Shaw/Global, express our indignation and more significantly - CANCEL ANY AND ALL ACCOUNTS WITH SHAW!

The folks that post on this or any other forum are sufficiently erudite to write literate emails. Do NOT phone unless you are the type not to rant and use foul language.

"All it takes for evil (read - media bias/stupidity) to succeed is for good men to do nothing."   Edmund Burke (and others)

NOTE: my email copied to - glynnis.prsytal@sjrb.ca bounced back to me.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »
The BC Wildlife Federation has posted a Petition to send to Global;  If anyone has the confuser-savvy to post it from their own copy, I would appreciate it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:35:28 PM »

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »

Letter to BCWF Members;

I am sure that most of you are now aware that the hunting community is under attack from another organization, and this organization has convinced the Shaw Cable Network to cease airing all "hunting" shows on its affiliate, Global TV.

There have been requests go out to our membership to become involved and contact sources at Global TV and Shaw, and tell them of your displeasure re their decision to cease airing episodes of The Canadian Tradition, Canada in the Rough, and the hunting segments of Angler and Hunter TV.

So far the response from some members has been nothing short of fabulous.  Unfortunately however, overall, not nearly enough hunters in this Province are becoming involved.

Some of you may be thinking "well, it doesn't really affect me because I watch other shows", or "it is just a couple of shows", or "it just doesn't mean that much".

Make no mistake about this - it means a great deal to your hunting future!  Currently, Global TV is the only station whereby everyday people have the opportunity to watch and learn about the various aspects of the hunting phenomenon.  This will cease to be, on January 1, 2013.

Only the "anti-hunters" voice will be heard, and it will be loud.  Plans are already under way to remove hunting magazines from store shelves.  Can other various forms of hunting be far behind?  Grizzly bear, black bear, cougar, caribou- they will attack one segment at a time and before you realize it, the only aspect left of hunting, will be the memories and stories of past adventures.

The B.C. Wildlife Federation does not want this to happen.  We urge you, in the strongest terms possible, to become involved.  Below are 3 addresses to email a letter voicing your disappointment of Shaw and Global's decision.  There is a petition address below that will take you less than one minute to fill out.  Far less time than getting a cup of coffee at your favourite coffee spot on your way hunting!

The B.C. Wildlife Federation values science based management of our wildlife and not politically driven agendas with motives that are far from realistic.
 •To share your thoughts with Global regarding this decision, please email: viewercontact@globaltv.com as well as glynnis.prystae@sjrb.ca and greg.mclelland@shawmedia.ca or call             1-877-307-1999      .
 •Please click on the following link to support the petition against this Shaw TV initiative

http://www.change.org/petitions/globaltv-shaw-media-reverse-the-decision-to-cancel-hunting-related-shows-from-globaltv?utm_campaign=friend_inviter_modal&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=28136925

Thank you for doing your part to help ensure there is a hunting opportunity in this country for our future generations.

In Conservation,

Bill Bosch

President, BC Wildlife Federation

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com