Author Topic: Finally gettin' a couple  (Read 3253 times)

Offline J.D. Yellowhammer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Great-great-grandaddy Mack Cullars, 1864, CSA vet.
    • Being constructed as we speak...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Finally gettin' a couple
« on: August 29, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »
Finally, after many years (well, since I was a kid watchin' Wagon Train), and with the blessing of my wife, I ordered a couple of P1850's!  ;D  I ordered standard .45's, 5 1/2" barrels, CCH/blue.  They're probably not gonna be consecutive numbers, 'cause I don't care and I ain't buying these to stick away in a safe. (people who buy 3rd gens probably ain't gonna live long enough to see them appreciate into being an actual investment, I know I ain't).  These pups are made for shootin'.

I'm not a purist or obsessive about single actions. I have owned (and still have 3) USFA's. They shoot great and the Premium's a work of beauty. For that matter, my wife shoots a brace of Taurus .38/.357's and the action is smooth as silk.  But I've always dreamed of owning the real thing--the rampant pony, smoke-belching, peacemakin' original!

Now, the sad, hard part--waiting for them.  I pm'd the head of the custom shop because I've heard here and elsewhere that the SAA's are made in the custom shop. He told me that ain't true--the standard models like mine are still made on the production line.  I couldn't get him to guesstimate how long it'll take, he just said "it won't be that bad." (he's telling someone that's been wanting these for decades....)  :D ;D :D
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Finally gettin' a couple
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:21:08 PM »
Congratulations are in order!  Hope you enjoy shooting yours as much as I enjoy shooting mine.  I have one USFA, a couple of Rugers and several Colts, all in 45 Colt, and mostly I shoot the Colts.  The others are all fine guns but the Colts are always my favorites both in the field and for cowboy action shooting.

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 09:51:36 PM »
'Real Cowboys Shoot Colts'...

They've filled America's holsters since 1836.

Congratulations!

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:04:13 PM »

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 10:06:13 PM »
I envy you sir. Congratulations on a wish coming true.
A work in progress.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 06:09:25 AM »
Thanks, folks. I'll post pictures when they arrive.  It's worse than being 7 years old and waiting for Christmas morning.... 
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 12:42:57 PM »
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.  I am a gun nut and I have USFA's and S&W's.  I like them but I love my Colt's.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
Just got notification that they're in the mail to me today!  Hot Dawg!!!  ;D

Now I've gotta scramble to reload some .45's!  I've been shooting .44-40 so long, I misplaced some things for the .45's...  Wonder if the indexing buttons for the Dillon .44 plate will work with the .45...wonder if I have any .454 bullets...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com