Author Topic: Lyman Moly Lube in BPCR  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Gripmaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lyman Moly Lube in BPCR
« on: August 23, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »
Already posted this on the reloading board but, have any of you here ever used this lube in BPCR and , if so, how did it work? Have heard some good comments on it's use but didn't know any of those who posted so thought I'd check things out here.

Only interested in this lube and the results.  I don't need any more recipes to confuse the issue. Thanks in advance for your input.

God Bless and shoot safe.
Gripmaker

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: Lyman Moly Lube in BPCR
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:30:51 AM »
Gripmaker, don't try and reinvent the wheel. Grab yourself a sample of a prooven blackpowder cartridge lube ( any of the 1/2 dozen or so you've been told about in the last couple of weeks on this board) lube some bullets and get to work loading and shooting and developing your loads.
 You will want to try more than one lube, as often times one lube will shoot better in your rifle than another.
 As to the moly lube....  as much trouble as folks had with that stuff in smokeless barrels getting the barrels sort of plastered full of it and then the hoops they dance thru to get the bores back into condition, I can't even imagine what a nightmare that'ld turn into with the extreme temperaturs that bp loads heat the barrel to.
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com