Author Topic: A Glimmer of Hope?  (Read 41766 times)

Offline Marshal Deadwood

• SHOOTER FOR HIRE
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Glimmer of Hope?
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
Ten Ring Precision says there were be no more USFA's.

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2012, 02:38:36 PM »
Maybe not SAs but I called a few weeks ago and heard a semi auto blasting away in the background.  If they were really going out of business, the plug would have been pulled last year.

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2012, 07:06:42 AM »
 ;) And now, for something completely different... What if Doug got tired of sixguns and is now going to take on making Wichester leverguns... Ok, I'll go get my medication. ;D

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 11:46:47 PM »

Offline texagun

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 08:25:43 AM »
I received an electronic postcard from USFA today saying that the USFA 20th Anniversay Single Action Edition has been sold out.  Sounds to me like they are still in business.

http://www.usfirearms.com/newsletter-sep2012.html

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 05:40:39 AM »
I received an electronic postcard from USFA today saying that the USFA 20th Anniversay Single Action Edition has been sold out.  Sounds to me like they are still in business.

http://www.usfirearms.com/newsletter-sep2012.html

Interesting.  Ten Rings Precision is listed as one of their vendors, but see Marshal Deadwood's post above.  Sounds more like the last gasps of a dying man to me.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline texagun

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 08:07:31 AM »
Interesting.  Ten Rings Precision is listed as one of their vendors, but see Marshal Deadwood's post above.  Sounds more like the last gasps of a dying man to me.

They are still taking orders for SAA's.  Sounds to me like they are still in business.  I wouldn't hesitate to order another one if I needed one.

http://www.usfafirearms.com/

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 08:39:05 AM »
"Sorry, the website www.usfafirearms.com cannot be found"

That's the message you get when you click on the link.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline texagun

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2012, 08:40:28 AM »
"Sorry, the website www.usfafirearms.com cannot be found"

That's the message you get when you click on the link.

Scouts Out!

The link works fine for me.  I just tried it.

Offline sack peterson

• Very Active Citizen
    • Stag Grips
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2012, 08:47:08 AM »
This one is good.  Drop the "fa" from usfa.

http://www.usfirearms.com/

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 06:01:59 AM »
They are still taking orders for SAA's.  Sounds to me like they are still in business.  I wouldn't hesitate to order another one if I needed one.

http://www.usfafirearms.com/

Fowler?? 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2012, 06:48:04 AM »
Want some more ominous news ? Gary Granger is no longer employed by USFA, according to an e-mail from him yesterday.
Doug says exciting things are happening there and the company is heading in a new direction. Maybe they will be making windshield wiper blades.

Offline wileycoyote

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2012, 08:23:13 AM »

maybe, but at least we can take comfort in the likelihood that USFA's wiper blades will be better than Colts.   :-\

Offline texagun

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2012, 08:37:52 AM »
Want some more ominous news ? Gary Granger is no longer employed by USFA, according to an e-mail from him yesterday.

I hate to hear that.  Gary was my "go-to guy" when dealing with USFA and did an outstanding job.  I'm really sorry he is no longer associated with the company.

Offline Invinoveritas

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2012, 08:41:10 AM »
Doug says exciting things are happening there and the company is heading in a new direction. Maybe they will be making windshield wiper blades.

Actually, I also got an email to that effect from Mr Donnelly. (as well as confirmation independently that  Gary was gone while trying to get a box)   I have no idea what the company is up to but hopefully it will still involve guns.  I hope Gary stays in the business. He is a good guy.

I will say that Mr. Donnelly has been extremely nice and accommodating when I had questions about my recent purchase of the 2 USA Shooting team guns that he donated to support the Olympic team. In a perfect world they would go on making great SA revolvers, but if they don't maybe we have decent investments. For now, if you have one , keep it and enjoy it.

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2012, 08:02:25 PM »
Circling is a direction - as in 'circling the drain'...

As to an investment - maybe they'll become like the old Great Westerns did, once out of production.

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline J.D. Yellowhammer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Great-great-grandaddy Mack Cullars, 1864, CSA vet.
    • Being constructed as we speak...
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »
They're talking about USFA over at the SASS Wire.  Here's a couple of quotes:

"...a girl named Geryl answered the phone. I asked her a couple of questions and she said that the parts and service dept was not in yet and she needed to ask them my questions. She wrote down my questions and said she would get back to me. At 11:20 AM she called me back with my answers - 1) Parts are still available and they do still sell them, 2)They are still servicing guns so if I have a problem I can send it in to them, and 3)They have no plans on ever bringing back the Rodeo."

"Just called and asked if they were out of business. The girl said no but that any orders would take at least 24 months to fill. Beyond that she didn't seem to know what was going on."

Two years to fill an order!?!   :o
Too bad about the rodeos. They were ugly as sin but other than the finish, they were the same as the premiums. And cost about $600. I'm hanging on to my .44 WCF's.
The worst news is Gary's not with them anymore. That's a huge loss for them, if they plan on staying in business.
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Offline wileycoyote

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2012, 01:31:55 PM »

thanks for update, JDY...

sad, damn sad.   :'(

Offline AJD

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2012, 06:10:17 PM »
At this point discussion on whether or not US Firearms is actually still in business is irrelevant in my book.  I can remember the optimistic feeling I had about US Firearms future back in 2005 when I purchased my first SA from them.  They were gaining ground and the future seemed very bright indeed.  Now...

Let's see..

Lose Gary Granger, your best sales and customer service person and really the "face" of USFA too many people(me included). Check.

Drop production of most of your most popular models like the Rodeo. Check.

Anger and dissapoint your customer base by not following through with promised new models. Check

Produce freak show pistols like the Shot Pistol which drain the company of resources.  Check.

Get rid of the bulk of your staff and cut your production ability down to essentially a handful of guns a year.  Check.

Give vague updates about the status of the company such as "retooling the line" and keep your most loyal customer base in the dark about what's going on.  Check.

I could go on and on.  US Firearms has now fully followed in Colt's footsteps from year's past.  They(like Colt did in the past) have driven themselves into the ground because of poor management and stupid product decisions.  But unlike Colt I don't see USFA making a comeback.

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2012, 07:28:19 PM »
A dealer told me Gary wasn't let go, he just had enough. 

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2012, 09:50:03 PM »
A dealer told me Gary wasn't let go, he just had enough. 
I can well imagine that would be the case.  It must have been difficult (to say the least) for him, dealing under current conditions with customers that he has developed a relationship with over the years.  I will miss him and I wish him well.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com