Author Topic: List of serialnumbers Uberti Lever Action.  (Read 17436 times)

Silent Joe

List of serialnumbers Uberti Lever Action.
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:33:03 PM »
Can one of the Pards tell me where I can find a list of serialnumbers of Uberti Lever Action guns. I have an Uberti L.A. Golden Boy in 38 Sp. for about 16 years and I was wondering how old this gun is. I bought it from my hairdresser in 1996.

Offline Bangor Dan

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: List of serialnumbers Uberti Lever Action.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 04:38:12 PM »
Search for two letters (or even roman numerals if earlier) stamped in a box on the rifle and post it here. The year of manufacture is identified in this way on commercial Italian firearms.

Silent Joe

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 12:44:42 PM »
Bangor Dan, the serialnumber is: 12997 and I think he is about 18 or 19/20 years old.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:48:21 PM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 05:31:24 PM »
Howdy Joe,
With the exception of Pietta, which I have just found, there don't seem to be any handy available lists of serial numbers versus year of manufacture for Italian guns.  The Italians put a mark on the barrel or frame which can be referenced to a year of manufacture, and that is what Bangor Dan was talking about.  This list of marks can be found on Bluebook's website, and I think elsewhere as well.  When I just went to Bluebook's page that I had bookmarked, I found it to be "404 - Not Found".  Checked further and found that Bluebook has changed their website, and the new page for the Italian year codes is now: http://bluebookofgunvalues.com/Info/PDF/Powder/PiettaandItalianSerial.pdf
Interesting thing is that this page now does list serial numbers of Pietta handguns corresponding to year of manufacture.  But only Pietta.  For other Italian guns, at the bottom of that page they still list the codes. 

Also, in some cases you can contact the importer and find this info.  For instance, if a gun is a Cimarron, a call to them with the serial number can get you the year they received it (or sold it?).  If the gun is a generic Uberti USA, then possibly an email to Uberti will get you the info.  But if you can find the date-code marking on the gun, the above referenced web page can give you the info.

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 06:56:06 PM »
The proofmark pdf page still exists.  It's new address is: https://bluebookofgunvalues.com/Info/PDF/POWDER/MBPProofmarks.pdf. The link you have for the Pietta page is not the current one.  The 7th Edition page number is 291 and the dates go to 2014.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Silent Joe

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 12:32:14 PM »
OK Pards. Thanks for the info. I take a look on both sites. I hope I can find something. Otherwise, your suggestion, Abilene, is a possibility as well.

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »
The date codes for my 1996 '60 Henry (BH), and 2001 '66 Carbine (BP) are under the lever on the lower tang along with the proofmarks & serial niumber.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline wyldwylliam

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 08:39:10 PM »
Abilene, thanks a lot for that, have been looking for that info for a coon's age.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com