Author Topic: Lead Bullets!  (Read 4560 times)

Offline Skyrider

• Very Active Citizen
  • Thank A VET For Your FREEDOM!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lead Bullets!
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:46:23 PM »
Well Gents, just to let you all know, I have received all the bullets that I ordered from several bullet makers and it was one heck of a chore, to carry them downstairs and stack them above the bench. I had forgotten how heavy such things can be. However, I do honestly believe I have enough lead to keep away all the Indian attacks that may come my way.
IRISH MIKE

Offline Otter

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Lead Bullets!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 03:13:19 PM »
Good on ya ! ! ! I have never been in that predicament, though. I cast my bullets one at a time and they don't seem nearly as heavy as what you describe ;D.
I hate rudeness in a man, I won't tolerate it . . . W.F. Call

NRA Endowment Life Member

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 03:30:43 PM »
I did 23 lbs of 45 BL's the other day. Cordin ta the weight their shoulda been 1/3 of a bullet in there somewhere. Never found it. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:06:37 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »
Well Gents, just to let you all know, I have received all the bullets that I ordered from several bullet makers and it was one heck of a chore, to carry them downstairs and stack them above the bench. I had forgotten how heavy such things can be. However, I do honestly believe I have enough lead to keep away all the Indian attacks that may come my way.

Apparently my mail carrier thinks there too heavy also.  She will manage to stuff them in my tiny little PO Box though.
Mathew 5.9

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 05:38:30 PM »
Next time stagger the orders so you dont have to carry them all at once.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »
They move a ton of junk mail for a third of what we pay per pound but complain about a little ole box of lead at the full rate.  I'm sorry I don't feel their pain
Mathew 5.9

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 09:54:32 PM »
Hi,

I carried mail just long enough to be very happy when I was let go ... between the us-verses-them (workers union vs management)  ... the constant strive to better ones time verses the union telling you to slow down  ... they can have it all ... I wish them all the best ...

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 11:05:07 PM »
I recently ordered 500 bullets each of 45 acp 230 gr, 45 Colt 250 gr, 45 Colt 200 gr, and 9mm 125 gr which shipping was 61 Lbs. Now that is a bit much but should keep me busy for a while to say the least.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com