Author Topic: Uberti Supply chain?  (Read 10114 times)

Offline Maui Mick

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Uberti Supply chain?
« on: June 23, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »
I have been looking to buy either an 1875 45 colt Outlaw model revolver or a 1858 New Army conversion, but everywhere I go they are out of stock and unavailable.  Of course there may be an occasional one on line but by the time you pay shipping and FFL along with our background check you are adding at least $60.  I anyone aware of what the problem with Uberti supplies other than they are popular guns?  Thanks to any and all who may have additional info.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: Uberti Supply chain?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 03:04:54 AM »

"Is anyone aware of what the problem with Uberti supplies other than they are popular guns?" 

That is a great deal of the problem you are seeing , that and the fact Uberti builds in runs.
They'll make a run in a particular model, and do not build everything they offer all the time.

1875 Outlaw has been a rather rare run in the last few years, But the conversion is to be had....
If Taylor's is out, you might try Cimarron, I know Taylors just got a shipment of 66 Yellowboys.

AS to "by the time you pay shipping and FFL along with our background check you are adding at least $60 "
Your going to see this anyway or maybe more ....
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:06:04 PM »

Offline Rye Miles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 07:03:34 AM »
Italians take more siestas in the summer. Productivity slows down....'except for the pasta & wine industry! ;D

Rye
Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

Offline TallBaldBellied

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »
I don't want to be the one to pour water on the fire, but, has anyone paid attention to what is happening to the economies of Southern Europe?

That may have quite a lot to do with it.  I wish it didn't, I am planning on a birds head sheriff's mode in .45 Coltl later this year.

Hey, maybe we can revive the Italian economy if we all order some guns.  ;D

Offline Peddler Parsons

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 10:34:12 PM »
I have had a 2nd  pair on back order for over 6 months
got tired and ordered a pair of 71 open tops and like them better than my
pair of outlaws

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 04:22:38 AM »
Italians take more siestas in the summer. Productivity slows down....'except for the pasta & wine industry! ;D

Rye

It's not just Italy....
Much (not all) of European business slows to a stand still the month of August and most employees get the whole month off.

Offline Maui Mick

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 01:12:07 PM »
I emailed Uberti and all I got was there were some shipping problems earlier this year. But they offered no information on models or back orders. Let everyone know if and when the get back to me.

Offline buckshot dan

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 09:32:28 AM »
uberti also  just changed importers from stoger to beretta that also might have a affect on shipping and stocking certain models i'm not sure but beretta might also have purchased uberti at the same time

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 05:06:25 PM »
It's not just changed ....

it been almost 5 years..

The parent company is Beretta Holding and  owns Beretta USA, Benelli, Franchi, SAKO, Stoeger, Tikka, Uberti, and the Burris Optics company.
It an old Family owned Business some 500 years in arms making.
The company is owned and is run by Ugo Gussalli Beretta.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1198
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:29:37 PM »
Major 2, was it only 5 years ago?  Seems longer.

Further, when Beretta bought Uberti, part of the deal was that Uberti U.S.A. cease to exist as an importer/distributor.  Since they had a lot of parts, they transformed into VTI gunparts (and we're all glad they did  :) ).  That is when "generic" Ubertis started getting imported as Stoegers instead of Uberti USA.   I've been told Beretta has a marketing scheme something like if a dealer wants to be a stocking Beretta dealer, they have to buy xx amount of Stoegers as well. 

I do not think this has done anything major to the way Uberti deals with Taylors, Cimarron, EMF, Dixie, etc.

Maui Mick, I will give you the same advice I give everyone who wants something that is out of stock.  Have your dealer call the importer and put it on back order.  At Cimarron, there is no obligation as long as it is not a "special order" (engraving, special finish or grips, etc.) and in 2 weeks or 2 years when it comes in the dealer gets a call to see if he still wants it.   Meanwhile, you might have found one elsewhere or changed your mind, but at least you have a chance to get one.  I expect the other importers have similar policies.  Things like '75 Remmies, S&W Russians, etc. don't come in too often and don't last long, so it's easy to miss it if you just call and check every so often. 

On the other hand, seems like I see ads for used '75's fairly often, so maybe you can get a nice one that way.  Good luck.

Offline buckshot dan

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »
It's not just changed .it been almost 5 years..
i didn't realize that bereta bought them that long ago both of my uberti 1873 pistols were made in 2011 date code CH and are marked inported by stoeger
The parent company is Beretta Holding and  owns Beretta USA, Benelli, Franchi, SAKO, Stoeger, Tikka, Uberti, and the Burris Optics company.
It an old Family owned Business some 500 years in arms making.
The company is owned and is run by Ugo Gussalli Beretta.

Offline TallBaldBellied

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 03:32:56 PM »
Speaking with a gunshop owner today, found out that a company must make an order of $10,000 or more to get a shipment.  That is of a single item.  I could be confused and misunderstood what was said.  But,  you know......................................

Maybe 10K for the entire shipment.

Been wrong before, I'll be wrong again.

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »
Well I have been involved with some of this stuff for a good many years.

Back in the early 1980's when I had my ffl, I had ordered an engraved Dakota from EMF (was Jager back then) after over 6 months it still didn't have a date, so I cancelled the order and got a blue Dakota. (which I still have). Some times Debbie at EMF tells me about shipments from Italy that are pending, and sometimes it is customs that also hold up the arrival

So, it isn't a new thing, it is an ongoing thing, one just has to bide their time and it comes when it comes...

just the way of life

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline lonedog

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »
It's been well over a decade since Beretta bought Uberti.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »
Maui Mick,

I had to smile at the $60.00 comment ... here in CA the cheapest FFL charge that I can find is $130.00 ... another reason to leave this state ... sigh ....

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 07:59:17 PM »
Here in Iowa most FFL guys will receive a gun for you for between $15 - $25.00. Most aren't trying to rip you off.
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 10:13:27 PM »
RickB,

Hey, I/we live in arguably the most letiginous city in the most letiginous state in the Union. I don't want to go back ... hey, I like my city sidewalks ... it just gets old paying for them .... ever notice that the taxes go up but our retirement checks don't?

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 03:20:28 AM »
I am a few years away from retirement, but I often wonder if I'll really ever get to retire. Doesn't look like it will really be possible. For some reason I get a picture that I'll be saying " you want fries with your order?" after I'm too old to work in my present job.

Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »
Maui Mick,

I had to smile at the $60.00 comment ... here in CA the cheapest FFL charge that I can find is $130.00 ... another reason to leave this state ... sigh ....

TTFN,

Wadd, My local FFL in Jamestown charges $35.00
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com