Author Topic: Just bought a used Evil Roy 5 1/2" .357 magnum...  (Read 1734 times)

Offline dogngun

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Just bought a used Evil Roy 5 1/2" .357 magnum...
« on: May 28, 2012, 05:46:55 PM »
Walking around the local Cabelas looking for something else entirely, saw a very well kept .357 mag SAA, so I bought it.

I have been shooting single actions off and on for over 40 years, and this is a very nice version.

Is there any was of determining when it was made by the serial number, which is ER 1481.

Thanks for any help.

FWIW, I have ordered a new center pin just to clean up any slop from use, not that there seems like there is muich...
 Just got it home, hav enot fired it yet...big range day later this week.

ADDED-Just looked up the Italian date code - CD - indicating it was made in 2009. Evil Roy emailed me and stateed this revolver ws shipped by Uberti in April, 2009. Thanks, ER!

A very well made SAA. i don't shoot CAS, but it will go hunting and hiking with me from now on...and to the range shortly, with some others I bought but never yet shot.

mark

Offline dogngun

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Just bought a used Evil Roy 5 1/2" .357 magnum...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 11:26:03 AM »
Evil Roy sent me another email telling me how much he enjoys shooting these revolvers. I got a Belt Mountain slightly oversize pin and installed it with no trouble at all. Tightened the cylinder right up. Hope to shoot it Sunday.
This is the nicest SAA I have ever owned.

Finally got to shoot it, even just a little...It is very accurate, and it turns out I LIKE the checkered grips, which I have never had on an SAA before. Very well made and well fitted revolver, and I'm really happy with it. Easy to shoot with magnums with the 5 1/2" barrel and the sights are big enough that my 64 year old eyes can see them!

mark

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com