Author Topic: Picked up my new 1911 today  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Picked up my new 1911 today
« on: May 17, 2012, 07:04:38 PM »
an RIA plain jane model like the one I had in ROTC in 1957.  Two years later they gave me an A! model.

Back in the '50 we carried fully functional 1911s, M1 Garands and M1 carbines (with real live , honest to John Wayne bayonets)to morning drills, flag ceremonies on Monday morning, parades all over the valley, and shot them at an old police range up a local canyon or in matches at Fort Douglas or out at Wendover.  We also had .22 Woodsman target pistols and the last year there were two Model .41 S&Ws.

Seldom had adult close supervision.  Cadet officers and NCOs did the job as well.

Aside from an occasional M1 Thumb or a bruise here and there no one ever got hurt.

Anyhow, I digress.  Got my new pistol and will baptize her tomorrow.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Picked up my new 1911 today
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 07:14:12 PM »
an RIA plain jane model like the one I had in ROTC in 1957.  Two years later they gave me an A! model.

Back in the '50 we carried fully functional 1911s, M1 Garands and M1 carbines (with real live , honest to John Wayne bayonets)to morning drills, flag ceremonies on Monday morning, parades all over the valley, and shot them at an old police range up a local canyon or in matches at Fort Douglas or out at Wendover.  We also had .22 Woodsman target pistols and the last year there were two Model .41 S&Ws.

Seldom had adult close supervision.  Cadet officers and NCOs did the job as well.

Aside from an occasional M1 Thumb or a bruise here and there no one ever got hurt.

Anyhow, I digress.  Got my new pistol and will baptize her tomorrow.

You should be happy with it. I carry a RIA/Armscor 1911 CS (compact) daily. Now mine isn't a plain Jane however they are great guns, especially for the price. I've added night sights, heavier springs (for +P loads) and a better extractor and some minor work by Armscor Precision to tune it perfectly as a daily carry firearm. I have since put well over 3000 rounds of every type and brand through the gun and not a single hiccup. I do recommend however you put a few hundred rounds of ball ammo through it before you totally depend on it though mine was great out of the box.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com