Author Topic: Nice gun!  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Nice gun!
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:56:12 AM »
Dropped by one of the local gun stores yesterday while looking for some 45Colt shot shells and got my first peek at the Browning 1911-22.  I actually fell in love with the little gun but do have a bit of hesitation concerning the idea of buying such a gun.  The size actually makes it handy BUT I have even smaller 22s that would be even more 'handy' for carry.  In this case carry is used to mainly talk light field walks and plinking use as 45s fill the concealed/self protection mode for me quite well thank you.  

Not sure how well practice with this would directly relate to the bigger gun?  Everything is right but just not sure about the 15% size reduction?  

I have a Chiappa 1911-22 that I have been considering trading off to get one of the new Colt 22s for practice use but guys, even the better quality Colt (licensed) gun does not compare to the quality appearance of the little Browning!  Just something about holding these new look alike 22s up to the light and seeing the light all the way across the slide and frame junction is unsettling for me.  

I guess I am just looking for some outside validation to justify another gun that I do not really need or can afford OH and let me tell you about the other three guns I looked at!  Sorry, forgot, the others were way off topic for this board!    

Offline August

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: Nice gun!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »
Bob,

I had the same reaction to that gun as you.   I wracked my brain trying to figure out a use for the little guy.  I tried to justify getting it in every way I could conjure up.

In the end, I could think of no practical use for that pistol in my life.  Someone bought it soon after I saw it.

I must say, I've never thought twice about it since then.

Nice gun, however.

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 06:36:33 AM »
Though it would have been an out of turn purchase, I am sure had it not disappeared from the local dealers case quickly I would have bought it by now.  The size is not the biggest problem for me right now, it is the magazine issue.  All of the 1911-22s use over priced mags that are hard to find and pretty cheaply made from plastics.  The Browning version is a steal one but I quick look does not show them available anywhere and scariest of all, no one will even show a price! 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:39:50 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com