Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 08:37:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: May we have our coffee please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May we have our coffee please  (Read 30269 times)
Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2012, 08:30:18 am »

Pretty morning here too - got kinda chilly overnight, down to about 34 bit 'sposed to get to 70 today & sunny.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2012, 09:37:51 am »

Mornin, gonna be another warm one.  Angel is out on patrol, don't spect her back fer awhile.

Happy birthday Stu, sorry I missed it.

Had baked brie with bread an shrimp scallopini las' night.  Might do some LA hots tanigt.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2012, 09:55:46 am »

Victoria and I had scrambled eggs and Canadian Bacon for breakfast.  GEE WHIZ, Bro WM, I didn't know you were that old! Yep, 50 is still a youngster.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2012, 10:20:46 am »

& now I'm startin' to act like a teenager - got a new iPhone & I'm learning to talk with my thumbs.
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2012, 10:52:23 am »

& now I'm startin' to act like a teenager - got a new iPhone & I'm learning to talk with my thumbs.
Had my iphone 2 weeks..on the same page with 'ya Stu..got a smartphone 2 yrs ago and took it back..outsmarted me Roll Eyes
The thing about age is you can never give up..."old age and treachery trumps youth an' skill"

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2012, 11:39:26 am »

I tried to use Steves smart phone but my fingers were too big to type anything.  Lost interst real fast.

Lil made an apple crisp an I'm gettin ready to dig in.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2012, 07:03:46 pm »

Slow tonight, we're standing around talking.  One of the young gals upstairs is a very nice person, but she's just not the brightest bulb in the package.  I just told her she needs to try cow gizzards because they are much better than chicken gizzards.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2012, 07:52:08 pm »

Just don't get her interested in Mountain Oysters, Del. Roll Eyes Shocked

Got a call from shooting partner's wife tonight. She's in Cali. visiting her grandkids. He's not doing well this week, been having a bunch of trouble with his innards related to the chemo for his cancer. Wants me to call him tomorrow. His cancer is incurable, but can be managed at least for now. Last time I talked to him, he seemed pretty upbeat. After talking to his wife tonight, I'm getting somewhat worried about him. Some prayers this way wouldn't hurt, I think. Goes by Hugh Dirty Dawg, or, Roger Brooks................ Undecided

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2012, 08:22:34 pm »

Got a call from shooting partner's wife tonight. She's in Cali. visiting her grandkids. He's not doing well this week, been having a bunch of trouble with his innards related to the chemo for his cancer. Wants me to call him tomorrow. His cancer is incurable, but can be managed at least for now. Last time I talked to him, he seemed pretty upbeat. After talking to his wife tonight, I'm getting somewhat worried about him. Some prayers this way wouldn't hurt, I think. Goes by Hugh Dirty Dawg, or, Roger Brooks................ Undecided

Prayers are out there.  

Roland Deschain

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2012, 08:37:29 pm »

Prayers are up for your pal Roger Buck Sad
Shrimp stir fry over white rice for supper tanite got to 82...right fine day

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2012, 09:33:24 pm »

I'll be praying, Buck.

I don't have a cell phone. Not gonna get one any time soon.

Slimi

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2012, 10:32:43 pm »

I got home tonight, there was torn up newspaper in my backyard I had to clean up.  (Now he's curled up beside her on the bed and he's her dog.)  Rita let him out and left the door ajar like when do most times, he comes in, we get up and close the door.  Tonight she was at the computer, he came in, she said he looked around and she knew he was going to do something.  Before she got up and got the door closed, he spotted the ads from Sundays paper she had not tossed yet. 

He grabbed the ads, growled a couple times and headed out the door with with them, a quick shred and back in he came and went to bed and now is as sweet as can be.  She shut the door and left it for me since I guess the bad Rowdy is my dog and the good one is hers.

The one gal at work tonight told me she wants to get a Lab because they are such sweet dogs but have spirit. Roll Eyes 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2012, 10:38:03 pm »

Slimi
Typo Huh

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Lucky Irish Tom
Drunken Irish Darksider
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter

« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2012, 04:21:21 am »

Coffee's ready!

Don't wanna know who Slimi is ML.

Your right Del the bad dog is yours, the good dog is hers and the hungry dog belongs to anyone who will feed it.  Grin

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2012, 04:59:45 am »

Prayers up for your friend Roger, Buck. Mornin Ya'll, Thanks fer Coffee Tom, much preciated. I have a little trouble realizin I'm that old myself Tex, just don't seem that much time has passed. Apple Crisp is my favorite dessert Leo, my mother used ta make it. Does Lil make it so it's crisp on top? WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2012, 06:41:57 am »

Hey, y'all.

I'll add Roger to the list, Buck.

Happy b'day, Reno, Nevada.

Thinkin' we're gonna get more'n just l'il damp in the lower right hand corner later in the day....

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2012, 06:47:14 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee,Tom.

Slimi is my alter ego.  Roll Eyes

'Tis 45 and partly cloudy. High of 64.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2012, 07:16:54 am »

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. Moose is getting ready for school this morning, I'm trying to wake up, and Victoria is asleep on the bed. I have always heard that chocolate Labs are wilder than the yellow or black Labs. Life around here is never dull with Victoria around. She is protective of us and her backyard. Labs are family dogs.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2012, 07:17:16 am »

Thanks for the coffee, LIT.

Chances for rain today here,too, Arcey Roll Eyes Currently 53 here, cloudy.

Arcey, what's up with Pilot paper there in Norfolk? O'reilly's been worked up about those two reporters gettin' beat up and no story. Shocked Roll Eyes

Del, Our one dachsy has a snitch problem with paper towels. Find them tore up in the living room, after she's gotten them off end tables or the computer desk Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2012, 08:19:26 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee LIT. 48 right now and it'll get to 85.
Thanks Arcey for the good wishes....we are actually named for General Jesse Lee Reno who was killed in the Civil War battle of South Mountain. Most of the celebrations are Oct. 31st when we became a state....Even get the day off...2 reasons to act like a hooligan in one day  Roll Eyes Nice here most of the time...

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2012, 08:39:03 am »

Yes'um, Miz Letty.

Arcey, what's up with Pilot paper there in Norfolk? O'reilly's been worked up about those two reporters gettin' beat up and no story. Shocked Roll Eyes

The paper's editor didn't think it was newsworthy initally. A whole pile ah people disagreed. Finally printed it two weeks late.

Two of his reporters were in wrong place ta the wrong time. Female prolly sparked it when she locked the car doors at a stop light. Someone in a large crowd might have taken that as a 'dis', threw a rock 'n hit the car. Male got a bad case of the stupids 'n got out the car. Got the crap beat out 'em to the point of bein' outta werk a week.

But the failure to report it, 'cordin' to the editor, had nothin' to do with race or crime in the area. The media local's been dancin' to the same tune. It's really gotten comical here, 'specially with the folks that know the area.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2012, 09:16:45 am »

Mornin.  Went ta rest ma eyes afore supper last night, bout 7 pm.  Didn't wake up til 2:30.  Had some grub an a smoke an crawled back in the sack an stayed there til 6:30.  50 out now an lookin ta 85 later.

Apple Crisp is my favorite dessert Leo, my mother used ta make it. Does Lil make it so it's crisp on top? WM

Yep, she uses pecans in the toppin too.  It's a real treat round here.

Thanks fer the Cawfee.

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2012, 09:53:47 am »

I fixed myself a ham and cheese firitatta for breakfast with an english muffin. I made another pot of Cawfee for myself and anyone else. No clue for lunch or supper tonight.

Lucky Irish Tom
Drunken Irish Darksider
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2012, 07:51:47 pm »

Arcey don't forget to tell them that when the news idiots finally did reveal the story it suddenly grew from an altercation with 4 or 5 people with maybe another 20 looking on to a mob of a 100 that attacked the reporter.

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2012, 09:47:53 pm »

I've had people look over at me at a stop light and lock their door.  Never bothered me one bit, I figure it just makes me safer if I bother someone that bad. 

Speaking of that, I found out Lexie's Dad says he won't drop him off at our house anymore.  Seems I hurt the little twerps feelings because I yelled at him talked a bit harsh with him a couple of weeks ago.  He was supposed to drop her off at one of Andrea's friends house where Andrea was and didn't, said he couldn't afford the gas.  All I did was explain to him if you get a job and keep it for more than a few weeks you can afford a little extra gas.  (Remember I have a daughter and step-daughter named Andrea.)  My Andrea and her husband Scott were here eating supper with us when it happened.  Rita took Lexie's Dad out on the porch and shut the door. 

Scott is such a nice SIL, not only does he fix my computer when it needs it, he told me if I didn't have an extra shovel he'd go get his. Wink 

Got corn and pumpkins and butternut squash planted today.  Last time for carrots also, I have 7 out of 3 packs planted so far, don't know why, planted one more pack today..  Thinned the kohlrabi and transplanted the extras and planted some more beets, plus weeded and watered stuff in. 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: May we have our coffee please « previous next »
Jump to: