Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 11:00:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: May we have our coffee please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May we have our coffee please  (Read 29711 times)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2012, 08:31:52 pm »

How much do you have to trim off those hooves Slim. Unless your shoeing him too it should take that long just to trim and rasp the hooves. Do you have any farriers in the area that can give you a quick lesson. I know they can be expensive but they can teach you some tricks that make the job easier.
They haven't been done in about 6 months, so it takes a bit longer. Should be done about every 6 weeks.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2012, 11:32:44 pm »

Part of my supper tonight, fresh greens, a mix of mustard and turnip, with bacon and a bit of red wine vinegar.

And it was durn good. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2012, 05:29:15 am »

I'll start a pot.

57 and cloudy here, storms for this afternoon Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Lucky Irish Tom
Drunken Irish Darksider
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter

« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2012, 06:02:27 am »

Thanks for the coffee Buck.

That has to be a good bit of growth on those hooves Slim, you are lucky they didn't have any problems. Our horses are on a 5 week schedule.

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2012, 06:18:14 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee Buck. 36 an' clear right now an'  was out watchin' the moon, it'll be 72 later on.
Happy Monday!!

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2012, 06:45:43 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

'Tis 48 and overcast. High of 67.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2012, 07:21:25 am »

Hey

Lookin' like 'round seventy 'n clear.

Ain't been much doin'. Good bunch it the shoot Saturday. Got done 'n stuff put away before the serious rain started. Yers truly is kinda outta practice with the single actions............................................

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2012, 07:51:47 am »

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I need a caffine pick me up this morning. Fried egg and sausage sammiches for breakfast. Burgers for lunch.  Supper is a big ??

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2012, 09:32:30 am »

Mornin, bout 47 an schedualed ta toast later.

Had potstickers boiled in lentel soup last night, just added an extra can of water.  Turned out pert near good, worth a try.

Garden is bloomin better than last year, must have left some good stuff in the soil.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2012, 10:32:20 am »

Leo, Good luck with your garden this year. We're in for another one today. It's already too hot outside to do the mowing. The mowing is gonna be the first thing in the morning. We had some thunder and lightning last night, but no rain. Maybe we will get some by the weekend.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2012, 12:48:59 pm »

73 and cloudy now, have shivering ball of fur in my laap, so there must be a t-storm someplace close Roll Eyes

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2012, 01:40:00 pm »

Just had a quick pop up pass through here. Last I checked radar, nothing there, then all of a sudden there it was. Got a warning on my Weather Bug, but it was here right after. Had to shut down for a bit Roll Eyes Shocked

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2012, 02:29:53 pm »

Looks good here for a few days, just got the lawn mowed, it needed it Thurs but it rained.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2012, 04:45:30 pm »

Just had a quick pop up pass through here. Last I checked radar, nothing there, then all of a sudden there it was. Got a warning on my Weather Bug, but it was here right after. Had to shut down for a bit Roll Eyes Shocked
The weather bug was on your lap Buck  Wink The critters always know

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2012, 06:31:05 pm »

We're having smoked sausage, baked beans, and potato salad for supper tonight. We had another 90 degree day today. Summer is here, early this time.  The yards get mowed in the morning, before it gets hot. No rain expected for the next few days.

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2012, 08:34:44 pm »

Happy Birthday, Stu Kettle!
Slim

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2012, 08:36:24 pm »

Birthday wishes to Stu  Grin

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Stu Kettle
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2012, 09:05:09 pm »

Thanks, had cake & ice cream for supper.  All day people were offering to help me up stairs & such Roll Eyes. "Old Guy" signs hanging all over the place - ya'd think no body ever turned 50 around there before.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2012, 09:41:34 pm »

Happy Birthday, Stu Wink

Just had another bout of boomin' and downpours. Still raining, but the dogs went out anyway. Smart little cookies, instead of going straight across the drive, they both turned left at the bottom of the steps and went through the carport to the small sheltered spot at the one end. Sasha did go out in the rain and took care of business, Sadie just kinda walked around and said the heck with it. Squeak( Mr. freak out) is still hiding between our pillows on the bed. At least we got him medicated before these came in. SIL's friend came over this evening and trimmed the dogs nails and shaved our big maine coon type cat down. Man, what a pile  of fur that was! Shocked

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2012, 10:11:07 pm »

Happy B-day Stu. 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Lucky Irish Tom
Drunken Irish Darksider
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter

« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2012, 04:13:56 am »

Coffee's ready!

Happy Belated B-Day Stu.

50, You are one of the youngsters in this crowd.

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2012, 05:04:06 am »

Thanks for the Cawfee LIT. STu, Happy 50th and 1 day. It's already 70 outside and the sun ain't even up yet. The weather folks are saying that we'll get some rain this week. I'll believe it when I feel it hits my bald head. It feels like a 2 pot morning.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2012, 06:44:48 am »

Thanks for the coffee, LIT Wink

Got up to rain this morning. Gauge says approx. 1" since yesterday. 62 here Roll Eyes

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2012, 07:00:35 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tom.

'Tis 45 and sunny. "Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming cloudy. Scattered rain showers developing late in the morning...then occasional rain showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs 60 to 65. West wind 10 to 15 mph."

Slim

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2012, 07:11:15 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee LIT. 37 here in the high mountain desert with a 78 predicted for later...Right fine day

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: May we have our coffee please « previous next »
Jump to: