Author Topic: Next holster step  (Read 5518 times)

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Next holster step
« on: March 31, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »
I posted a couple of photos of the newest additions to th WB holster design I am working on and they can be seen on the CAS Leather Forum, along with the ongoing problems encountered .  It looks pretty much the same but does include a metal liner which will help it hold those special bends and forms! 

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,42915.0.html

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Next holster step
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 07:50:48 PM »
Guys I finally got it finished and its on the way to my friend Three Cut up North Carolina way.  I actually think it is prettier than the photo.  My picture taking leaves a lot to be desired and the finish is actually a little less shiny than appears here.  Hope yall like it.

http://home.comcast.net/~gakracker/site/?/page/1911-1/

Offline August

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 09:25:11 AM »
Nice rig.  If you get tired of it, send it along.  It looks like something I'd get a lot of use out of.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:39:05 PM »

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 10:50:01 AM »
Looks very good SB. I will probably see the rig this Sunday at the PHA cowboy match. Been shootin' with Red River Ray and Three Cut for a number of years.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 12:01:42 PM »
Ray was using one of my rigs, a different style, last I heard.  It had a more traditional look with less drop.  Not sure if Three Cut will be shooting as he was telling me that his pistol is out of pocket for repairs or some such.  The fokes at the PO did say his leather would arrive to him on Fri or Sat.  Not sure how many like the feature but his is made to accept a leg strap if desired and I am currently trying to come up with an idea for a hammer (or other type) safety strap that would use the middle screw in the back for the addition. 

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
A leg strap? Uh Oh! ;D

Cowboy match Sunday. If not Sunday, I know he willl show up at the 4th Saturday Wild Bunch match at the Carolina Cattlemen's Social and Shooting Association.

http://www.carolinacowboys.us/
SASS29170L

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »
Saw the rig today. Looks very good. Like the retained form of the drop loop and holster. I believe you said it was metal lined.
SASS29170L

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 07:24:47 AM »
Thanks for the thumbs up Red Cent, did James get to play with it?  I am actually more curious about getting feedback on the mag pouches, that holster is a heavy duty monster but the pouches are much lighter weight.  I told James that the pouches should get better with a bit of use BUT they just might get a bit more custom fitting by me in the future.  That particular holster used a thin aluminium liner but If I ever get around to making another one it will have a slightly heavier stainless liner.  Before that happens I would have to find a machinist that would do some major surgery to my sight track press though.  For now I do want to play with one or two other patterns, that high ride in particular.

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »
Naw, he just wanted to show off and flaunt his new rig.  ;D It was a monthly cowboy match. 'Course, he won.
SASS29170L

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 06:56:50 AM »
As it happens I talked with the guy yesterday that made my sight track mold and he said for me to bring it back for alterations.  If I can get this done in a timely matter I just might havt to make one more before turning my attention elsewhere.  The mag pouches were and are my greatest concern right now, Three Cut and I discussed this one at length.  As it is made it can handle up to a 2 1/2" belt and they were not fitted for any particular mag carry style.  The old ones that this one mimics normally carried the mags back to back (also in a slight V pattern) but can easily be 'fixed'  to orient the mags in any format with a bit of manipulation.  A small leather flap sewn inside the back will  easily allow the pouch to become locked to the belt size.  Not sure how I will handle this in the future but based on the idea that, for SASS WB, the mg pouches are actually more important than the holster for speed,  more build time and expense would be in order for the mag pouch!  I  love it when a sport that is won or lost based on fractions of a second are said to not be about speed of hand!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com