Author Topic: Colt with hard chrome finish  (Read 3350 times)

Offline wdbarbe

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Colt with hard chrome finish
« on: March 27, 2012, 11:42:19 PM »
I keep seeing ads for Hard Chrome on a SAA but it is not listed in the catalog.  Is it a standard item?  Has anyone seen one of these?  Is it more durable than regular chrome?
Thanks

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Colt with hard chrome finish
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 01:27:39 AM »
It's a special order finish.  It is very popular with mounted shooters as it is extremely durable.  It is more durable than regular chrome and has a sattin finish.  I had a pair, never got to shoot them, and had to sell them to pay some bills this past Christmas.  The wait time to order and receive a pair is several months to a year.

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:03:59 PM »
I keep seeing ads for Hard Chrome on a SAA but it is not listed in the catalog.  Is it a standard item?  Has anyone seen one of these?  Is it more durable than regular chrome?
Thanks
I just bought one on Gunbroker. I saw one for the first time at the SHOT Show this past January. One of the female employees of Colt was there in all of her mounted cowboy action regalia and had two of them in a double rig.
In addition to the hard chrome finish, they had wide spur hammers. Apparently, they can be special ordered through the Custom Shop and if you go on the Colt website, and find the Custom Shop price list, you will see both the finish and the hammer listed. Fortunately, I spotted one NIB on Gunbroker so I didn,t have to wait. Mine also feels like it may have had some action work at the factory.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:49:42 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com