Author Topic: Guns & shooting sports in "Toronto-the-good"!  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 406
Guns & shooting sports in "Toronto-the-good"!
« on: March 17, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »
I'm glad that I don't live in Tarawna!!  The good thing is that a National Newspaper dared to publish a sympathetic article about gun owners at all.   In 1962 I visited a cousin in Ghormley, where the range featured in this article is located.  It was farmland then, some of it owned by relatives, but land was being purchased for freeways, even 50 years ago. When I visited my Daughter at U of T in 1990, I mentioned I was a gun owner at a social gathering.  Interesting, VERY interesting!  Most of the folks present had only seen guns on a screen, or being waved about a street corner by gang-bangers.

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/Good+shooting+days/6317542/story.html
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Guns & shooting sports in "Toronto-the-good"!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 08:45:12 PM »
This is really good stuff and we need a LOT more of it! The videos featuring Katie Montague are also great PR for gun ownership.

I appeared on a talk show when C-68 was being "debated" and in a station break, the moderator advised me to recruit every woman possible to the shooting sports. Why? - "... because the opinion of ONE woman on a hot button issue outweighs that of TEN men!"

Good advice from a professional journalist.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Garand

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 10:32:50 PM »
"In the countryside, obviously in rural areas, a lot of people have guns for hunting purposes. But in the city, I think most people would not see any legitimate use for guns."

Nor does she understand the appeal.

"I know some people like sport shooting, but it doesn't seem to me like much of a sport, personally. I think a lot of people would also think of it as quite peculiar as a sport, especially because where are those guns stored and how safely? A lot of people would share the view that you should get yourself a proper sport and go play hockey or something."

I find that statement very insulting and something that would come out of an anti. Personally, I don't watch hockey, mainly because I don't like violent sports.
SASS # 93688
aka Dapper Dynamite Dick

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:36:59 PM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 11:38:27 AM »
Garand  - a couple of points ...

Since the bulk of our population is urban rather than rural, it follows that the greater number of sports shooters and hunters are urban. Who has the greater disposable income - a rural mill worker or rancher/farmer or the average SUV driving suburbanite?

Moose hunting in my region of BC is by LEH draw. Rarely do I hear of a local getting a draw and the hunters I meet with tags are NFH (Not From Here). They outnumber us so they get more draws.

As for the negative connotation of shooting sports and the gun culture, it has been socially engineered into society for decades. Kids can no longer play 'Cowboys & Indians' (I mean 'Cowboys & First Nations) or roam vacant lots and back alleys with BB guns lest they be taken down at gun point.
Making a 'pistol' out of a piece or pizza or drawing your Daddy defending you from "monsters and bad guys" will result in your kid being suspended, you being arrested, strip searched and your home ransacked. If this venom was directed at ANY other segment of society, it would be deemed a 'hate crime'.

Enjoy your guns while yet you may. In all likelihood, barring an 'Arab Spring'-like revolt, (Canadians? It is to laugh, acquiescence being our true national characteristic) we are among the last Canadians to enjoy the guns we are currently allowed to 'own' by Big Brother and the Thought Police. The list of guns banned, confiscated, restricted grows exponentially, likewise the regulations regarding their use, storage and transport.

The next step will be to proscribe more types of ammo and enact Draconian regulations for the storage of ammunition, powder and components. Find and read a copy of "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross and you'l have a better grasp on the current reality. Copies go for $200+ on the net and they are extremely hard to find in libraries. Fortunately, you can download it as a pdf file.

As a gun owner, you have NO friends in government, the civil service or the various police agencies. Hard fact to accept, but I am willing to be proven wrong in this at any time.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Garand

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »
Just a point, I grew up in that cesspool, toilet of a city called "Tu-ronna". Haven't been back there in 27 years, thankfully!
SASS # 93688
aka Dapper Dynamite Dick

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »
"T'rawna The Good'' is no more. With weekly shootings on the street, it (along with Vancouver) has become the Detroit or Washington DC of Canada.

Both serve as prime examples of the failure of 'gun control' laws and measures which only affect the law-abiding. This is either being done in sublime ignorance or by deliberate plan. Either way, the net effect is the same - an ever increasing anti-gun environment and fewer people in the shooting sports.

History, logic and fact based research have no impact on the hearts and minds of the social engineers. If it did, we wouldn't be where we are right now, and the Firearms Registry wouldn't be hanging in limbo. The CPFOs are making a mockery of the authority of Parliament.

Offline kurt250

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »
here in the twisted obama states of america, it seems that were you need a gun there illegal and were you don't need a gun it legal. her in idaho everyone has a gun. people don't lock there houses or cars, little kids play i there front yard with out adults watching them. in the peoples democratic republic of california ( i' m a refugee of that mess) they outlaw every thing and you live with crime every were.go figure. kurt250

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 08:22:37 PM »
Simple - studies show that the more guns in 'legal' hands, the less crime. Criminals always have access to guns .....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com