Author Topic: Another Model Missing in Action (?)  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Another Model Missing in Action (?)
« on: March 03, 2012, 12:20:29 PM »
Can't find any mention of the Double Eagle on the USFA web site.  I checked after finding the following announcement on Ten Ring's web site;

"Double Eagles are all sold.  USFA is out of several parts used to build these beautiful single actions.  It is a shame, but there will probably not be any more made."

I have a Double Eagle that I ordered through my dealer, and received, just over a year ago.   I ordered bright nickel and when it came in it had the matte, Rodeo II, finish with fire blue screws.  I was a bit disappointed but took it anyway as I did not want to bother my dealer friend with the hassles of returning it.  The DE may not be SASS legal but it is a neat little gun.  If what Ten Ring says is true, I'm glad I got one.  I wonder how many other DE's left the factory with the matte nickel finish?
It has been mentioned here on the board, and on USFA's web site, that they are "re-tooling" their SAA line.  Hopefully the elimination of some of their innovative models, such as the Double Eagle, is just a temporary thing and they will return once USFA has filled their back log of SAA orders.  I suppose there is nothing we can do but wait and see.        
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline mtone

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Another Model Missing in Action (?)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 05:31:07 PM »
I think they came to the proverbial fork in the road and took it.  You're lucky to get one.

Offline FrontierFred

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 10:06:45 PM »
That is really sad to hear.  I own 3 Double Eagles and they are some of my favorite guns.  I have a pair of 4.75" barrels including the first Double Eagle ever made as well as a 3.5" barrel.  Glad I got them while I could.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:37:16 PM »

Offline FrontierFred

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:38:31 PM »
Also the standard Birdshead model is no longer on the site as well. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com