Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 10:32:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: March pot luck boo-fay BYOC (or Tea) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March pot luck boo-fay BYOC (or Tea)  (Read 27960 times)
Texas Lawdog
"Old School" Cop NCOWS SENATOR
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2012, 09:35:03 am »

Del, Those are neat pictures. The guy seated in front of the turret looks sorta like RCJ. The rain finally got here about 0430 and hasn't let up. A good day to stay inside. The temp is about 70 degrees and very humid. Cereal ant toast for breakfast. I think there is enough meat loaf left for a sammich with some grillin' beans on the side.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2012, 12:19:48 pm »

Mornin folks.  Nother bright 'n' sunny day in the PRK.

Had a huge taco salad last night what weren't zactly healthy...but it were good. 

Aint much else ta report, jus' waitin ta see what the day brings. 

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2012, 01:06:48 pm »

I'm back, still all blurry. lookin at cataract surgery by the first of the year or so. Up for some kind of lazer treatment for the right in a few months.Man, what a battery of tests! Drops for this, drops for that, and then more drops. They also had me go through a hearing test, failed that one, too. Roll Eyes Undecided I'm a candidate for hearing aids, mostly because of my industrial history. Mostly the higher tones are bad, like a wife's voice Roll Eyes Shocked

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2012, 06:17:05 pm »

Guess it's gonna be cheese steaks at our house tonight.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2012, 06:27:44 pm »

Buck, selective hearing is a blessing that comes with age.

Cheese steaks sound good.  We had a differnt lunch, mixed the left over stew an strganoff in one pot an dang if it didn't work out with a couple a buttered sweet rolls.  We don't waste nothin round here if we can help it.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2012, 07:01:39 pm »

I fixed some chicken Fajitas for lunch, something healthy for a change. Supper is up for grabs tonight. It was 70 when I got up this morning, we've had wind and rain.  The temp. now is 46 and dropping. A fire in the fireplace would be nice, too bad all the firewood got wet. A pot of soup, stew, or chili would be a good warm-up meal for tonight.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2012, 08:14:47 pm »

Nice an' sunny here and a high of 56
Mustgos are on the table

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2012, 11:15:31 pm »

I made musgos the other night, Miz Letty Roll Eyes

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2012, 01:14:31 am »

Was some homemade chock-o-late/almond clusters left that Rita made Saturday, decided the were musgos. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2012, 04:26:28 am »

I made a couple of meatloaf sammichs and some BBQ beans for supper tonight. Tonight is pizza night and a movie. Our temps have dropped almost 30 degrees since this time yesterday. Lots of wind and dampness. It will be a good day to stay inside with a fire.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2012, 06:43:24 am »

I'll start a pot.

32 and clouds here. Maybe a warm up next week again Roll Eyes

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2012, 07:11:55 am »

Thanks for the Cawfee this morning. Yesterday it was 70 degrees, this morning, it is 43. All my firewood is wet, so no fire in the fireplace this morning. Oatmeal and toast for breakfast, something to stick to your ribs. I sorta figgered this warm weather wasn't gonna last. The damp and the wind go right through you.

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2012, 07:31:18 am »

Mornin'.

Light rain fog/mist. 61° 'n 90%. Showers, mainly before 1pm. Temperature falling to around 50° by 5pm. North wind between 8 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Rain's a pretty one. Rain jacket's comfortable. Makes things quiet out. Ain't much shakin' but errands ta run. Blue hairs'll be home watchin' soaps 'n game shows stead ah standin' in the parkin' lots it the grocery 'n Sam's feedin' sea gulls.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2012, 07:51:18 am »

Mornin Ya'll, thanks fer Coffee Buck, much preciated. Had a good day yestiddy heppin set up at the range. Saw some old friends and met some new ones had as good a day as can be had at the range without shootin. WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2012, 08:25:36 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

Buck,
My mother had cataract surgery one one eye about a month ago. She can see much better in that one. She will be having the other one done this month.

'Tis 28 and sunny. High of 36.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2012, 09:09:25 am »

Mornin' y'all,
Thanks for the cawfee Buck. 29 right now and a high for 62.
My mom had cataract surgery on both eyes a couple years back. Left eye got some scar tissue and she had to haved it lasered again.
Much better though...

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2012, 09:58:09 am »

I'm planning on having that surgery done after I turn 65 this fall. I would like to quit wearing my glasses, except to read fine print. The temp. has dropped another 2 degrees since sun up.

Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2012, 12:34:17 pm »

Mornin All.  Lookin good outside agin taday.

Gettin ready fer a house full of kids an grands taday.  They all decided ta come taday fer Lil's birthday since they missed the real deal.  No idea what on the menya.

Roland Deschain

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2012, 01:10:26 pm »

Very nice outin’. Misty rain, the cool was just right.

Station wagon had a l’il o’er a half tank in it. Topped it off it Sam’s. $3.49 ‘n 9/10. Figger it ain’t gonna get no better long’s the marxist-in-chief is fundamentally changin’ America inta third werld status.

Weren’t crowded nowhere. Precious few undersirables muckin’ ‘bout. Home, cozy ‘n cuddled up with their big-screens I reckon………

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2012, 03:20:02 pm »

Victoria and I went to Taco Bueno for lunch. The wind and rain is still happening outside, the temp. is 46. The front looks like it has stalled in the Metroplex at least another day. Light rain is continuing. Gas around is up to $3.79 for reg. unleaded. We will be at least $4. very soon.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2012, 03:40:05 pm »

Put some in the horse today, $3.69 Undecided

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2012, 03:52:39 pm »

Put some in mine Tues @ $3.85 bet it's higher now Roll Eyes
Fish tacos for lunch 't were'nt bad, a crab quieche an' salad for supper.

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2012, 04:02:36 pm »

Ya think it would be cheap in Texas...go figure.

Ended up havin not only kids an grands but a puppy as well.  Just me an the dogs right now, took em out an Angel showed Shadow ta the pond an invited 'er in fer a swim.  I was worried the little gal would run off but I guess ma step son done a perty good job, even the land lords paid 'er a compliment when she went ta meet an greet em.  Guess we is grillin later, just found out, think I'll let the boy do it this time 'round.  It's funny when ya see that the growed up kids paid some attention along the way.

Miz Letty, fish Friday aint gonna fly around here with the company.  I would love some a that crab quiche.

Roland Deschain

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2012, 08:06:06 pm »

Had baked fish at a church tonight. Noticed while I was out that gas is now $3.89!!!!!! Shocked Roll Eyes Undecided

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2012, 08:11:36 pm »

$3.72 on http://www.wisconsingasprices.com

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: March pot luck boo-fay BYOC (or Tea) « previous next »
Jump to: