Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 11:17:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: March pot luck boo-fay BYOC (or Tea) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March pot luck boo-fay BYOC (or Tea)  (Read 28370 times)
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:26 pm »

If the food is bad it won't be all my fault.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:52:08 pm »

got 4 inches of S**W yesterday with a light mist of rain overnight,going to be a real mess in the morning.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:00:25 am »

Were back to a drizzel, been 40 all day.  Aint heard thunder so nothin is changin soon round here.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Arcey
Underlord of Soot
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 07:27:47 am »

Mornin’.

Partly Cloudy. 65° ‘n 84%. Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 78°. West wind between 15 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Headin’ west fer some Glockin’ ‘n Marlinin’ in a bit.

While I’m there I’ll be werkin’ my l’il fingers ta the bone cookin’. To break our evening fast, I am creating a most amazing marriage of the flesh of dead chickens to a marvelous mixture of potato, carrot and celery in a delightful brew of stock. Highlighted with a precious hint of garlic and a late sprinkling of parsley. The feast surely shall satisfy.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 08:10:11 am »

Oh, my, Arcey's gone hi-brow on us Roll Eyes Shocked Grin

Let us know when the cooking show airs Wink

I'll put a pot on. We had T-storms last night that put down some real frog stranglers. Currently 39 and cloudy here....Buck Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
wildman1
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 08:18:09 am »

Mornin Ya'll, thanks fer Coffee Buck, much preciated. Range day taday. WM

WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 08:26:55 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

Snow and ice on the roads this morn. 'Tis 28 and overcast. "Cloudy. Isolated flurries and patchy freezing drizzle early in the morning. Highs 35 to 40. Northwest wind around 5 mph in the morning becoming light and variable."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 08:36:57 am »

Mornin' ya'll,
Thanks for the cawfee Buck. Wind blew in another inch of the white stuff. 18 right now and a high of 41 with the wind at 11 mph from the SE.
I'll look forward to a new cookin' show too, 'bout wore out the other ones Roll Eyes

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:46 am »

Thanks for the Cawfee this morning. It's sunny and 59 right now. I've been washing dishes and clothes this morning. Victoria helped in washing the bowls and plates. I've got a name for Arcey's cooking show, A KOP in the KITCHEN!

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 09:58:09 am »

Well I ain't got nuthin' fancy, gonna toss a corned beef brisket in the 'lectric dutch oven and gonna have Reuben's on my homemade deli style sour dough rye when I get home.

Got a new pair of 8" Danner Workman boots to break in today at work in the WD, will switch to my stovepipes later.  Free boots from Danner, nice to have, I needed a new pair of lace-ups.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 11:08:47 am »

Mornin.

Had chicken enchaladas late las' night, got two left fer lunch an had grits with butter an a swirl a blackberry jam er preserves fer breakfast.  Got a hunk a dead cow fer supper, I'll let the missus figger out what ta do with it, she watches all them cookin shows. 

Still rainin an the thingamajig on the deck seems ta be stuck at 40, at least there weren't no freeze.  Sposed ta have a nice weekend.

Ya All have a good 'un.

Roland Deschain

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 11:21:08 am »

MMmmmm, corned beef and swiss on rye! Del, you're making me hungry Shocked Shocked Wink

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 11:31:00 am »

Well I ain't got nuthin' fancy, gonna toss a corned beef brisket in the 'lectric dutch oven and gonna have Reuben's on my homemade deli style sour dough rye when I get home.

Got a new pair of 8" Danner Workman boots to break in today at work in the WD, will switch to my stovepipes later.  Free boots from Danner, nice to have, I needed a new pair of lace-ups.
Rueben sammich does sound good...Got a pair of lace-up Danners with Gore-Tex for $20 a couple yrs back they are nice boots

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 12:21:02 pm »

. I've got a name for Arcey's cooking show, A KOP in the KITCHEN!
I like it !!!

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 01:54:45 pm »

Kop in the Kitchen,or, How to use your Croc Roll Eyes

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 04:55:37 pm »

Victoria and I had sliced beef BBQ sammichs and fries for lunch. I had some toast and Raisin bran for breakfast. No clue for supper at this time. The temp. is up to 81 this afternoon. The long range forcast for us next week is snow. I hope they are wrong.

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 06:07:26 pm »

Had to be to work a bit early, got the dishes done, some laundry, drank coffee got SD whole wheat bread started baking for tomorrow.  Kept thinkin' I forgot sumthin', got to work and membered I forgot to put the corned beef in the 'lectric dutch oven.  Cancel till tomorrow night. Roll Eyes

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 06:31:59 pm »

I can wait another night for a home made Rueben sammich.  Still no clue for supper tonight. The temp. has dropped to 79. The wind has gotten up a bit. Victoria is taking advantage of the warm weather.

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 07:47:24 pm »

Darn!!!!! Roll Eyes  I was get a real hakerin' for that corned beef.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 08:04:06 pm »

I'm going to put it in before I go to bed to be sure.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 08:45:37 pm »

So Del how did your feet do in them Danners?? They were comfortable enuf for me to work in though they are a pain to lace up  Roll Eyes

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Texas Lawdog
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:12 pm »

Miz Letty, I got lazy in my old age and started buying my lace up boots with zippers on the side.

mestiza letty
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 09:58:39 pm »

Have'nt put mine on this year...really haven't needed to so far
But they are good if 'ya have to tromp in the *white stuff* and hopin' your bladder ain't full when you come in the house Roll Eyes

NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518
Leo Tanner
RATS #401 STORM 330
Top Active Citizen

Life is Good

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 11:24:29 pm »

Miz Letty, I got lazy in my old age and started buying my lace up boots with zippers on the side.

I got those too.  Those were originally designed for paratroopers er so I am told.  I found I got ta redo the laces once a year or so and that aint bad.  I just make sure ta use a double knot.

Lil is making beef stroganoff.  I killed the encheladas at lunch.

Roland Deschain

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 11:48:19 pm »

Had em one about 10 hours today of a lot of time on my feet, did great, bought some very heavy wool sockes also.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: March pot luck boo-fay BYOC (or Tea) « previous next »
Jump to: