Author Topic: Tornados  (Read 6175 times)

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Tornados
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:04:17 PM »
I hope all of our Friends and Neighbors in the stricken states are OK.  Prayers are up for all you folks in KS, IL, MO, and KY.

T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tornados
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:22:46 PM »
Thank you Joe. We had a pretty rough morning. Four waves of storms. The first three were tornado warnings with the sirens going off. We were lucky , they came right over us. Several touched down in surronding counties. The fourth wave was just rain, high winds and hail. A little over 2 inches of rain this morning. Our safe room is the inter closet by the fireplace. Yes we (Diane and myself) got in it. Our church has a big basement and a lot of folks went there. Sure hate it for the folks in Branson and IL. really bad storms. See you at the convention. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 01:52:44 PM »
T-J:
Glad you and yours are safe.  Have you heard from Jefff or Homer Brown?
T-Joe

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:08:22 AM »

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 02:16:11 PM »
March 2, 2:15 pm on the news, tornado on the ground at Clay, KY That's where Rowdy lives. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »
Jim, keep us posted as to Roudy's welfare.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline bowiemaker

• Maker of sharp pointy things
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Carter Custom Knives
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »
Towns in southern Indiana, Henryville, Marysville, Pekin got clobbered by big tornados. 3 reported dead and a lot of injuries. High school in Henryville hit hard.
NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Tornadoes
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 05:27:43 PM »
It seems to have let up for now in Lexington. We got some hail with high winds and rain but no tornadoes that I've heard here.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 06:16:24 PM »
West Liberty, Kentucky was hit hard a little over an hour ago.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »
It's part of springtime every year. Everyone hunker down.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 08:01:55 PM »
Talked to Rowdy's wife and they are fine, no damage. On the other hand I have some roof damage. Tj

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 11:27:47 PM »
Best to ya, Bro James!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 12:31:45 PM »
I wonder about our pards in Indianan, Kansas and Missouri?

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 01:32:52 PM »
I just saw that SHB had posted, so I guess that he, OCB, and Jed Cooper are all okay.  I hadn't seen Gripmaker post any, so I don't know about Joplin, Mo. I had heard that Branson got hit, but no confirmation.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 362
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »
God bless all those that were hit and those helping them to recover.

We're just missing a few shingles and were very lucky considering this area was issued a TOR:CON 10 rating which means there is a 100% chance of a tornado within 50 miles of the area.

I don't know what the count is on number of tornados but this may be the worse outbreak for this area since April 3, 74 when the super outbreak of tornados swept several states. Hopefully we never see anything like 74 again but yesterday was looking like it might have been.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline TallBaldBellied

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »
West Liberty, Kentucky was hit hard a little over an hour ago.

The second in 48 hours.  Communications still down.  Nat'l Guard, State Police, fire and EMS are the only inbound traffic permitted.  Curfew from dusk to dawn.   Damn near Martial Law in place.  According to what I've been able to discover, the town just don't exist no more.  From '68-'74, I spent every summer there working the farm.

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »
EMS in Hartford, KY. is just across the field from us. We can see them good as they can see us also. They came by today to talk to my wife and take a few pictures of our roof. There is a little roof damage to the back corner of my house and my neighbor's front corner roof. They said there was a funnel cloud just right above my house and my neighbor, that just was not quite touching down on our house. That's what had done the damage. Just al ittle lower and could have been bad. We had some hail, but just a 1/4 mile on out our road is the state garage, several state trucks with windows broken out by hail. In other words we were REALLY lucky. Tj

Need to clear something up. If I was on NCIS I would be hit on the back of the head by Gibbs. Rowdy does not live in Clay, KY that is where he had his shoot for several years. Rowdy lives in Waverly, KY. When I heard the news of a tonado on the ground in Clay, Rowdy was my first thoughts.  However there was a tornado on the ground just a few miles down US 60 from Rowdy.
Sorry for the bad info. Tj

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 07:49:29 PM »
TJ:
I am glad it was your roof and not your head.  Yall had a close call.  Be safe. 
T-Joe

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »
     To all y'all who have worried about us in the tornado zone, God Bless ya!

I can't speak for Bill, but Jed & I weathered the storm.  We had some pretty fierce winds, but the funnels passed over or under Indy.  I'm pretty sure Bart and Bill are fine, too.

'Tis the season ... and we ain't real jolly!

Best to all who HAVE experienced bad stuff.

I hope this doesn't put a damper on the NCOWS National Convention. 

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 08:04:36 PM »

KS is OK
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Ima Sure Shot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 08:49:57 AM »
For those that were concerned about West Liberty, Ky. WYMT.com is the local TV station and they have photos posted along with comments. J.D.'s cousin has photo's on his facebook as well and it is bad.  Main street is leveled.  If you are familiar starting at about  the pool hall and up the hill past the courthouse is pretty much flattened.   The police station across from the Courthouse, movie theater, pawnshop all pretty much leveled. Courthouse pretty heavily damaged. Powerlines, and phone lines down, streets were blocked. Most cell towers in this country are on top of the hills, so a lot of cell towers down. Salyersville, the county seat of Magoffin Co the next  county over, it is adjacent to us and Morgan Co., was hit pretty hard as well. Paintsville, Johnson Co.adjacent to Morgan Co. as well, got some damage that is where Mercernary Mike and Cherry Moonshine live,  J.D. talked to them they are O.K.Celeste

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com