Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 09:59:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  NCOWS (Moderators: Will Ketchum, St. George)  |  Topic: National Congress of Old Whiskey Samplers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: National Congress of Old Whiskey Samplers  (Read 7084 times)
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 12:09:32 pm »

Books
Sounds like a plan to me . Whiskey and Cigars . And most of all Good Friends . A GOOD TIME will be had by all . Oh and there won't be no need for a GOON squad , we are men who are there for a good time and NO TROUBLE . And no trouble will be tolerated .
Tjackstephens
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 01:29:12 pm »

Jeff, Sounds like Rowdy wants to do away with the brute squad. We may have to limit his samples. Tj  Grin

Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.
Texas Lawdog
NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

" We're all Here because We're not all There".

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2012, 02:01:21 pm »

I will be standing by if need be called for a "Goon Squad".

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?
Cliff Fendley
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2012, 03:08:51 pm »

Hmmmmm....

I am at the Sleep Inn.  We will check to see what is available and make a decision then.  If the weather is nice the gazeebo sounds good. (Do the influence of the anti-smoking Nazis it figured that I might as well leave the cigars at home.  Now I have new hope.)

Books

Books, bring your cigars, I'll be bringing a couple, hopefully sometime over the weekend we can hide from the Gestapo somewhere long enough to enjoy one. Like I said if you can't smoke or drink bourbon in Kentucky something is wrong but that is the way the world is going.

I'm not a regular smoker but I see nothing wrong with a good cigar on special occasions.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers
River City John
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Mr. & Mrs. John Covert

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2012, 06:24:52 pm »

YEP!

RCJ

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/River_City_John
Dusty Tagalon
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2012, 09:13:34 pm »

Broke down & purchased a 4th bottle.
So I will be bringing 3 Cedar Ridge Products: Iowa Bourbon, Dark Rum, & Unaged Whiskey.
& Bulleit Rye. It takes away some of my spending money, but can't think of what I need or want to buy at the convention.

Brian
River City John
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Mr. & Mrs. John Covert

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2012, 10:15:49 pm »

If I don't get caught at the border trying to smuggle in an unopened flask of "Jim Beam" in a plastic bottle . . .

I will bring some seegars to share also.

Uhmmm! "Unaged Whiskey"? Isn't that the same thing as lighter fluid?

Sounds like I'd better do more sampling of other's offerings just so's I won't make them feel shunned . . . it's a burden, but it's a task I will gladly shoulder.

Looking forward to it. I will also bring a couple of prize giveaways to those whose efforts go down particularly smooth . . .

RCJ

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/River_City_John
Ima Sure Shot
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2012, 11:12:03 pm »

I do not drink, but I have a contrubition.  It's aged since January this year and 100 proof, a product the Eastern portion of the state is famous for.Celeste
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 02:17:26 am »

Ima
Thank you , all the thirsty Cowboys will appreciate it .
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 02:27:53 am »

Cliff
Are you going to bring a cigar for me ?  Jeff said he would bring all the cigarettes I could smoke , what a lucky camper I am .
Tjackstephens
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2012, 11:35:09 am »

Rowdy, Think Jeff is pretty safe. The center is smoke free as is our motel room. Tj  Cheesy

Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.
1961MJS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2012, 11:43:12 am »

Broke down & purchased a 4th bottle.
So I will be bringing 3 Cedar Ridge Products: Iowa Bourbon, Dark Rum, & Unaged Whiskey.
& Bulleit Rye. It takes away some of my spending money, but can't think of what I need or want to buy at the convention.

Brian

Hi Brian

I'm also on a 1910 - 1950 type site, and that's back when Rye Whiskey was popular.  Try the Bullet with Vernor's Ginger ale and a couple dashes of Angostura bitters.  Good stuff.  For sippin' Rye, try the Sazerac, it's spicer. 

Later Y'all

Mike
Wichita KS

Mike

Norman Oklahoma
Grand Army of the Frontier #797
Beautiful Guns Make Small Groups
Cliff Fendley
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2012, 12:29:16 pm »

Rowdy, I'm sure we can find an extra cigar somewhere for ya.

Yall are on your own this evening, I was hoping to make it down today but it looks like I won't be rolling in there until sometime in the morning.

I'm in for lunch now and still got to work this afternoon and we have a scout meeting this evening. Seems like when it rains it pours.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers
Dusty Tagalon
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2012, 02:13:37 pm »

I town, will head over to the Steak House across the street from the Sleep Inn at 5:30. I am at the Country Inn & Suites.

I half suprized all 4 made it, going through St Louis & Illinois, had about a 1/2 dozen bumps so hard it turned my cruise control off.

Brian
Tjackstephens
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2012, 06:20:17 pm »

Cliff, Rowdy and I will try and make the opening Thursday. Rowdy is working seconds tonight, digging that coal out. He'll be at my house sometimes around 8am and we will head out. See you tomorrow. Tj

Dusty Tagalon
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2012, 06:49:59 pm »

Report from meeting, 1st let me apologize for missing the Thursday night gathering, never got any feedback for location of meeting. Friday's & Saturday's meetings went well. The most surprising, 3 attendee's brought Bulleit Rye, my bottle was the first uncorked, saw no reason to open any others. Planning for next year already, will bring Griff's Cowboy Whiskey, & Cedar Ridge unaged.

BTW, I did 1/2 of the Bourbon Trail on Saturday, of 7 Bourbons I sampled, I felt only 1 was better then the Iowa Bourbon I brought for sampling (18 year old Eliajh Craig,  Next year maybe someone will wish to accompany me when I complete the Bourbon Trail. I bought 3 bottles on the Bourbon Trail, 2 from Beam's (Knob Creek 9 year & Devils Cut, enjoyed them both. The 3rd, I sampled, but have';t cracked (Eilajh Craig 18 year).

Brian
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2012, 08:08:09 pm »

Dusty
Had a Good time. I wish I had brought the Jim Beam Devils Cut instead of the Elijah Craig . Next year I will furnish the Devils Cut . Oh and I can't forget the Kesslers .  Grin Grin Grin
Sir Charles deMouton-Black
THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2012, 09:26:25 pm »

I am glad the meeting(s) went well, and the whiskey went down well, as well! Cool

I was there in spirit Grin Grin

NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”
Captain Rob Page
NCOWS
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2012, 09:40:09 pm »

Rowdy,
That Elijah Craig was mighty fine! Had a good time visiting with folks and looking forward to next time!
Dusty Tagalon
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2012, 07:33:51 pm »

Rowdy; Didn't know you had brought Elijah Craig to the tasting, however I did get to sample it at Haven Hills. I agree it is an excellent bourbon. I did buy a bottle. I will need to check the local sellers to see if it is available. It all depends on if Iowa imports it. The way Iowa works, is the state buys the alcohol, then sells to the distributors. 

Brian
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2012, 07:56:40 pm »

Howdy
If anyone needs a bottle I can pick it up for you . Always glad to accommodate a friend .  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
jefff
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 10:15:02 am »

had some of that store bought stuff guess its ok if'n you don't mind the tax taste.the cholate wine was a surprise still can't believe they made it that color .texas wine was nice.seen a bottle of jamison's irish whiskey there but i could'nt elbow my way in to get at it.a good time was had by all .thank ya'll very much.jefff
Rowdy Fulcher
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2012, 07:07:29 pm »

Howdy
Are we going to sample at the National Shoot . And YES only after the weapons are cleaned and stored away . What about it Dusty .
Books OToole
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Michael Tatham

« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2012, 07:17:44 pm »

With the approval of Pete Ersland, founder and President for Life; we will conviene the National Congress of Old Whiskey Samplers in the dining area of the KVC at the p.c. camping area every afternoon, June 3-9.

Books
Grand Orator

G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.
Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2012, 08:18:29 pm »

With the approval of Pete Ersland, founder and President for Life; we will conviene the National Congress of Old Whiskey Samplers in the dining area of the KVC at the p.c. camping area every afternoon, June 3-9.

Books
Grand Orator

You certainly don't need my approval but I do appreciate your acknowledging that I am the founder. Wink  I started it so I could introduce my NCOWS friends to Rye whiskey and to give a short tutorial regarding the history of rye.

Joanie has volunteered to act as bartender if desired.  You know how much she likes making Old Fashions Grin

Will Ketchum

Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  NCOWS (Moderators: Will Ketchum, St. George)  |  Topic: National Congress of Old Whiskey Samplers « previous next »
Jump to: