Author Topic: uberti "EL PATRON" .357  (Read 5879 times)

Offline Abel Wood

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
uberti "EL PATRON" .357
« on: February 24, 2012, 07:43:54 PM »
decided i needed a new 6 gun. went to the lgs and was looking at the heritage .45. not a bad gun fit and finnish was ok but i was looking for a 38/357 and i didnt care for the trasfer safty. next up was the hombre. the price was right but that flat black cyl. and bbl. just didnt look right with the case color frame. then i looked at the el patron. wow that thing is smooth, like grabbin a hand full of butter! and i realy like the grip. a bit more than i wanted to pay for a "fun gun" but what the hek. anyway got it home and i was not disapointed. very soft with .38s and .357 was even a pleasure. shes a keeper.   ;D

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: uberti "EL PATRON" .357
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 11:20:47 PM »
Happy you found a keeper. ;D
A work in progress.

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:01:55 AM »
Recently bought a pair in 45 Colt. So far they have ben great. I have been useing 357 since I started in this game . Not at all unhappy with my decision to purchase these Uberties in 45.
Hope you enjoy  yours as much.
dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:46:49 AM »

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:01:51 AM »
decided i needed a new 6 gun. went to the lgs and was looking at the heritage .45. not a bad gun fit and finnish was ok but i was looking for a 38/357 and i didnt care for the trasfer safty. next up was the hombre. the price was right but that flat black cyl. and bbl. just didnt look right with the case color frame. then i looked at the el patron. wow that thing is smooth, like grabbin a hand full of butter! and i realy like the grip. a bit more than i wanted to pay for a "fun gun" but what the hek. anyway got it home and i was not disapointed. very soft with .38s and .357 was even a pleasure. shes a keeper.   ;D

Case colored frame on an Hombre ? Every one I have seen, the entire gun is matte black. I antiqued mine, blackened the brass grip frame, re-finished the grips and it looks great.

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 11:57:29 AM »
Pictures? And the Hombres. Please.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 05:30:11 PM »
As for the El Patrons I gave my pair the -11 C test yesterday . They worked just fine.
Went through 200 rounds

Funny though I had the Range all to myself.
Bunch of whoosies ,
dutch charlie
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com